Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Washing Gels (Good Brand Name)

Spanish Washing Gels (Good Brand Name)

Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish Washing Gels (Good Brand Name)

Can anyone help recommend a good Washing Gel / Clothes Softner.
I have tried all different types & makes, but can't seem to find one that helps leave your towels etc soft.
I know the water is very hard were we live in Javea , I am aware that I might have to live with it, but someone might just have the answer.
Many Thanks
Old Sep 24th 2012, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Washing Gels (Good Brand Name)

I use Dixan Gel for washing and Lenor for the softening, I cannot find another softener that I like and I tried for 2 years to find something else because getting lenor was difficult. Both my sister in laws say the only way they can get their towels totally soft and fluffy is to finish them off in the tumble dryer but I cannot bring my self to use the electricity and my towels feel the same to me as they did in the UK. I struggled to find Lenor at first but I now have 4 shops loocally I can get it, the Super Dumbo chain carry it and a lot of our local independents.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 6:06 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flotsum
Both my sister in laws say the only way they can get their towels totally soft and fluffy is to finish them off in the tumble dryer
They are right. We have hard water but have a large water softener. Even with that, which produces incredibly soft water, the only way we can get a really soft towel is to tumble dry it - even with all the products like Lenor.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:31 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

what does a soft towel feel like ? ?

the maid says she does all she can but its the way they dry so fast in the sun
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
what does a soft towel feel like ? ?

the maid says she does all she can but its the way they dry so fast in the sun
hard/rough towels dry YOU better anyway
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:49 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
thats what they tell me in the Roman Baths, just the Guatamalan chauffeur is drawing the line at giving me a good rub down without his chamois leather.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I think so too - I don't use any fabric softener when washing towels as they feel "slimy" to me once dry if softener has been used. I line dry all my washing (apart from the odd time when we've had a few days of continuous rain when I am forced to use my tumble dryer, which I hate). There's nothing like the smell of clean washing dried in the fresh air!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I think so too - I don't use any fabric softener when washing towels as they feel "slimy" to me once dry if softener has been used. I line dry all my washing (apart from the odd time when we've had a few days of continuous rain when I am forced to use my tumble dryer, which I hate). There's nothing like the smell of clean washing dried in the fresh air!
my tumble dryer has had quite a bit of use this summer!!

after swimming, if you put towels out to dry & forget to get them in overnight (anything really, but I usually remember to get washing in) - with the 100% humidity we've had at night through much of the summer, they are often wetter in the morning than when you put them out

even during the day, unless the washing is in full sun or it's windy (like today - must hang that washing out in a min ) it doesn't always dry well
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:59 am

Please Miss - what's "rain" ? ? ? ?

Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:02 am

my tumble dryer has had quite a bit of use this summer!!

after swimming, if you put towels out to dry & forget to get them in overnight (anything really, but I usually remember to get washing in) - with the 100% humidity we've had at night through much of the summer, they are often wetter in the morning than when you put them out

even during the day, unless the washing is in full sun or it's windy (like today - must hang that washing out in a min ) it doesn't always dry well
the maid tells me she regularly does a late evening wash and leaves it out all night to dry, which it does.

isnt 100% humidity rain - whatever that is ??
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Domino
the maid tells me she regularly does a late evening wash and leaves it out all night to dry, which it does.

isnt 100% humidity rain - whatever that is ??
I always thought 100% humidity meant rain - but apparently not

like most of us we haven't really had any rain since about Easter ( a couple of times it tried, but didn't quite mange it) - but many nights over the summer the humidity was recorded at 100%, & rarely dropped below 90%
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought 100% humidity meant rain - but apparently not

like most of us we haven't really had any rain since about Easter ( a couple of times it tried, but didn't quite mange it) - but many nights over the summer the humidity was recorded at 100%, & rarely dropped below 90%
No rain here since then, but we have some forecast from Thursday onwards. That's a given, really, as it's our town's big feria (San Miguel) this weekend!

Towels I leave on the line overnight are just beginning to still feel damp in the mornings as the temperature is cooling down, but up until about a week ago they've been perfectly dry in the mornings. We don't have that kind of humidity down here, thank goodness, I would hate it. I can't stand the oppressive feeling you get just before a thunderstorm when it's very humid.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:23 am

No rain here since then, but we have some forecast from Thursday onwards. That's a given, really, as it's our town's big feria (San Miguel) this weekend!

Towels I leave on the line overnight are just beginning to still feel damp in the mornings as the temperature is cooling down, but up until about a week ago they've been perfectly dry in the mornings. We don't have that kind of humidity down here, thank goodness, I would hate it. I can't stand the oppressive feeling you get just before a thunderstorm when it's very humid.
at least it seems so fresh, almost intoxicating, after a thunderstorm, but we are not renowned for them nor rain in this part of Andalucia, in the flight paths in and out of Granada and Malaga.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

it has been worse this year than I can remember - & to think one reason I didn't like living in Florida was the humidity

it didn't used to be this bad, but does seem to be getting worse every year - I don't think it can get worse than 100% though!!

thankfully it drops during the day, but some days it was like living in a sauna this year if it only dropped to about 70%
Old Sep 25th 2012, 3:37 pm

so did we decide they were a good thing or not needed ?

if the former other then was there an alternative to Lenor ?

the maid is asking.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.