Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Tax Man using Drones

Spanish Tax Man using Drones

Old Jul 28th 2016, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish Tax Man using Drones

According to the moneysaverspain site -

The Spanish Tax Office has used drones to discover over 1.6 million homes that are dodging tax. Houses either simply “didn’t exist” or home extensions or swimming pools hadn’t been declared. The result is more than 1200 million additional euros paid to local Ayuntamientos for the IBI tax. In absolute numbers the area with the highest number of cases is Andalucia, with over 370,000 homes either not paying taxes or paying less than they should.

So if you are dodging IBI keep your eyes open for drones!
Old Jul 28th 2016, 8:41 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Tax Man using Drones

Why would they need to do this? They have been using satellite images for years.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

Not only drones and satellites. I know someone who had an official turn up taking photographs of his, and neighbouring, houses. When he asked who he was and what he was doing, he identified himself and said that this was part of the process of updating the Catastral records
Old Jul 30th 2016, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

and helicopters
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bo S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
and helicopters
It is likely they will using these next...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...t-gadgets.html

Last edited by Bo S; Aug 2nd 2016 at 7:05 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

They also cross -check utility consumption with all the major suppliers so as to verify residence or holiday letting. What does it all matter if you are honest
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
They also cross -check utility consumption with all the major suppliers so as to verify residence or holiday letting. What does it all matter if you are honest
I agree. Why shouldn't they take these actions?
Old Aug 3rd 2016, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I agree. Why shouldn't they take these actions?
Personally, I'm glad that they are. I would also be happy for them to pursue and prosecute all those working"on the black".
They are all living off the back of those of us that pay our way
Old Aug 6th 2016, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by VEDShappy
Not only drones and satellites. I know someone who had an official turn up taking photographs of his, and neighbouring, houses. When he asked who he was and what he was doing, he identified himself and said that this was part of the process of updating the Catastral records
Yes I had someone come and do the same recently
Old Aug 6th 2016, 9:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

From my roof terrace I have seen someone initially put up a plastic shed on a roof terrace several streets away. They then carefully build a shed around it ensuring that it was the same colour all of the time. Now I suspect that due to the care that they took that they had no licences etc but it was funny seeing it happening.

Rosemary