Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish sim cards

Spanish sim cards

Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Question Spanish sim cards

Best one to use ????????????????????
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spanish sim cards

Originally Posted by genegenie
Best one to use ????????????????????
Vodafone- I own some shares!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:39 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont own shares.
For me the best was to have the same network as your family and friends which can mean cheaper bills at the end. PAYG sims are not expensive so you can even afford to have more than one each. I think at last count we have 5 mobile numbers on various networks between the 2 of us. But we do have one movistar one each for cheapest calls and texts between us newlyweds
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

dianaspain is an unknown quantity at this point

I had Movistar but found my bills to be around 200€ a month

Admittedly it was when my dad was very sick and I was making lots of calls to the UK.

I then tried Vodaphone which were somewhat better but I guess I was still hitting the 80-100€ mark. (I do use the phone more than average I guess).

I switched to Yoigo 6 months ago and am very happy, my bills are nevermore than 50€ per month. I now only pay 0.10€ to send a text with Vodaphone it was 0.60€.

They also have a ceiling of 1.20€ a day for surfing- so you can surf for hours and never pay more than the 1.20. Our phones are configured so we can use them as modems for laptops.

Great if you are away from home or the broadband goes, they now have 3G coverage in most of Spain so the speed is pretty bearable.

(More info at www.yoigo.es - and no, no shares

Last edited by dianaspain; Jul 7th 2008 at 2:11 pm. Reason: to add a link
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, so international calls from mobiles can get very expensive yes. When I had no landline and relied on my UK mobile roaming in Spain I once had a bill of around 5000 pounds but that was quite unusual circumstances and strictly a one off family "emergency". I think it was still cheaper than flying back to the UK every other day.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:12 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

would like to see you bills decress in cost ? all call/textsl at 5 cents/min. to mobiles and landlines with in spain and uk/Europe calls/ 31.32 cents incl. VAT
and uk/Europe text at 20 cents and Europe

more you call and text there cheap tarife wich you put on

i doing deal with few off the phone company here in spain

now what you need is to go from top up to bill phone , it new rate that been done by me for extpats of ,
Austria
Belgium
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Poland
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom

if you what to do this please just replay here and when i get more on this i post more
jurdy
Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Diana that yoigo tarif looks great - most of the tarifs here I find are pretty much the same for me and my main cost is texts sent to UK phones. I will definitely look at switching to yoigo. Thanks!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

dianaspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rachelk

To me it has been a godsend, I must admit
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

I certainly wouldn't recommend Vodafone in the slightest. I used them happily in the UK but over here they are a complete rip-off.

Texts and calls are a fortune, and something worrying i have noticed lately is they seem to be taking money from my credit every day when I have not used the phone.
Three times now I have noticed my credit reduced by 0.14€ daily - and i have no idea why.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Do yoigo have their own network? I presume they piggyback one someone else's do they? Is the coverage good?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Pobman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rachelk
Do yoigo have their own network? I presume they piggyback one someone else's do they? Is the coverage good?

They have their own, though I did read on a Spanish blog that in some places they are using Vodafone 3G network too... lost the link.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dianaspain
I had Movistar but found my bills to be around 200€ a month

Admittedly it was when my dad was very sick and I was making lots of calls to the UK.

I then tried Vodaphone which were somewhat better but I guess I was still hitting the 80-100€ mark. (I do use the phone more than average I guess).

I switched to Yoigo 6 months ago and am very happy, my bills are nevermore than 50€ per month. I now only pay 0.10€ to send a text with Vodaphone it was 0.60€.

They also have a ceiling of 1.20€ a day for surfing- so you can surf for hours and never pay more than the 1.20. Our phones are configured so we can use them as modems for laptops.

Great if you are away from home or the broadband goes, they now have 3G coverage in most of Spain so the speed is pretty bearable.

(More info at www.yoigo.es - and no, no shares
Just had a look at their site. It seems very good if you can send a text to the UK for .10 cents when Vodafone and Orange charge .41.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Their website is only in Spanish.
That may be ok if they only want Spanish customers but my Spanish isn't that good yet and there are a lot of foreigners in Spain.

Are they a serious company? I write websites as a small business and offer different languages for a very small charge. Why don't they offer different langauges?

Anyone care to translate?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:50 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by billgates
Their website is only in Spanish.
That may be ok if they only want Spanish customers but my Spanish isn't that good yet and there are a lot of foreigners in Spain.

Are they a serious company? I write websites as a small business and offer different languages for a very small charge. Why don't they offer different langauges?

Anyone care to translate?
ha you in spain and we only make up very litte fraction off the popalition in spain
get used to it mate it spain
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Pobman is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually I am always suprised how much stuff is in English in other countries, here in Russia the ATM machines almost all have Russian and English, and many with German too. Certainly where I lived in the UK the ATM had English only, not even French was available and I lived in near a port with ferries to France!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.