Spanish Racism

Old Jun 10th 2014, 10:31 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish Racism

http://www.thelocal.es/20140609/span...y-study-racist

Seems to be ever more evidence of racism in Spain coming to light recently or could it be that they are finally beginning to seriously address the issue rather than continuing to try to brush it off with the old xenophobia card ?
Old Jun 10th 2014, 10:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Racism

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Seems to be ever more evidence of racism in Spain coming to light recently or could it be that they are finally beginning to seriously address the issue rather than continuing to try to brush it off with the old xenophobia card ?
Your links are not working for me.

Rosemary
Old Jun 10th 2014, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

However even though people will see it as racist and wrong, its the club owners choice, just like it was for the people in UK with the B&B saying no gays, although in the UK you would get done for it in Spain, the way they think for **some** blah blah.

Ive seen clubs where overweight women are not allowed in and similar if my face does not fit, too. I remember once it was because I had the wrong type of shoes on, what a load of tosh ?

Simply did not want me dancing with there own, but I can understand that if that is how they feel ? I have noticed they are very possesive people when not being the biggest cheats and leches in the world.

Maybe they had already allowed a certain percentage of the types in before the survey was conducted ? Maybe they thought they did not have a pot to piss in and would not be spending money, maybe Spain is just stuck in the Ape age ????????

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Your links are not working for me.

Rosemary
Old Jun 10th 2014, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

This is a difficult one. When I lived in the UK I played for a football team. We found it difficult to go to a club after the match because the bouncers would rarely let us through the doors. They said that male only groups were not allowed in. In this sexist or were they acting out of experience?

And even if they were acting out of experience, this is still prejudice
Old Jun 12th 2014, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

andrewsmith1159 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in Manchester a few weeks ago and we was a group of men, and we got turned away by the bouncers because one of us was wearing a pair of timberland boots, went to another club and got in straight away
Old Jun 13th 2014, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Surely that was an interpretation by that particular bouncer (who let's face it aren't selected for their intelligence) rather than a demonstration of racism or anything else for that matter.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Lois001 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the atmosphere in general in Spain towards foreigners / immigrants? I might be moving there soon. I'm British and my husband is Arab. We won't be going to any nightclubs lol.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
They hate Brits and moreso hate Muslims, keep yourself to yourself.

Do you experience this hate? I have been here 8 years and only heard the sort of complaining I used to hear about holidaymakers when I lived near the seaside in the UK.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

marcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the roughmarcbernard is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pedro pete
Do you experience this hate? I have been here 8 years and only heard the sort of complaining I used to hear about holidaymakers when I lived near the seaside in the UK.
Well, I have been here since 1996 as a permanent resident. Having moved from Javea to a smaller village fairly close by, I can tell you that for myself I have never suffered any form of racism. My two daughters also live on this coast and feel the same, apart from the"keying" of a car, which is hardly racist! It was a french car with a right-hand drive though! Likewise my wife, who came with me in 1966 until her death last year never expressed any notice of racism to Brits. It has to be said, of course, that it all depends on not only where one lives but how one lives.

Last edited by marcbernard; Jun 17th 2014 at 8:04 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcbernard
It has to be said, of course, that it all depends on not only where one lives but how one lives.
so that's ok then :sigh:
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pedro pete
Not yourself if you are happy but maybe the persdon I was replying too could have a look at this, there is a whole 75 pages of comments from realists Spanish and English

I Hate Spain - I Hate Living in Spain & The Spanish...

In that blog / rant or whatever you want to call it, yes I agree with some of the comments towards ex-pats.

45 pages below of how afro's feel about living in Spain

AFRO-EUROPE: Black people in Spain

HBG not long ago commented on a story of where a guy got beat to death by 14 people for going of with a local girl.

As to my post being deleted, yes of course I was generalising, but I will tell you in my time here it is certainly that way for me, I haver Spanish friends that are racist, homeaphobic, they hate the Romainains

Mayor Apologises in Spain's Latest Racism Row - NDTV

and the Moroocans more than everyone, in fact it was J2 who once said to be I would be dreaming if I thought living here would be a bed of roses, and I lived here for a bout 2 years in the mid 90's but I was just a kid then in Benidorm, There is good and bad in everyone but J2 was spot on with her post and I could dig it out if I had the time.

Spain is a racist country in general, there is no 2 ways about it, the same for Italy. They are still in the ape age, ive said it before and ill say it again.

The guy who through the banana at Dani Alves, 800 people rallied around him and stated that his arrest was wrong and it was part of a media lynch, that alone should tell you something.

Look at how Lewis Hamilton was treated a couple of years back.

I like Spain the country, the climate, I like the majority of people I have met, bar a couple.

I would never wear a Spain shirt, I would never support Spain in the world cup but I do like La Liga and would wear a club shirt.

The only way you will experience racism if you live in a bubble is if you push boundries, and if you think that pushing boundries makes racism ok then what can I say ?

Living in Spain and spending money you may never find it, you might get the snotty people in the restaurants, simply because they are probably busy, under paid and over worked.

If you work here its totally different.

There have been plenty of people that have posted here with regards to having their children racially abused in Spanish schools also, but I also would assume they abuse there own it, Gitanos and Spanish gypsies and South Americans

Not long ago, here in Torrevieja there was the French couple who had the life beaten out of them by some Spanish security guards in Carrefour. It made the UK news.

We had the 3 kings story a month or so back against Afrcians thieving ?

Lastly as I could go on, I do not need the internet to tell me how racist Spain is, I see it every day, I could on another day post the same but in a different light promoting the country better than they could do themselves.

Like the above poster alluded too if you are in a heavily populated tourist area, you will find it if you just cross town, Like I said above, does that make it ok ?

I am sure many will disagree with me, the younger people to be fair are more friendly, they would not chew peanuts in your earhole !.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

This was a blinding comment from the above article

I’m spanish, live in the Canaries but studied in a British school.
First of all, many of my teachers didn’t know more than “Hola” “menu del día” “una cerveza, por favor”. You can’t expect people to be nice to you if you don’t make an effort and only complain about things. (I don´t want you to ruin my day, thank you).
2.Yes, there’s corruption in Spain, yes, our system is crap. Most of us would love to change it, haven’t you heard of the 15-M?
3. No one has ever stolen something from me or any friend, never did I hear one of my teachers complain about crime.
4.We don’t hate brits or germans, but don’t expect everything to be done for you. We’ll help if we can, but at least remember your manners. It’s extremely irritating to help someone who has lived here for 10+ years and knows hardly any spanish because they refuse to learn (which I find very disrespectful) , demand you to solve their problems and when you’ve finished they completely ignore you and go back to their British pubs as if Spanish people only existed when in need.
For those of you who don’t like it here, no one is forcing you to stay. If you don’t make the effort to be nice to people, people won’t be nice to you in Spain or anywhere.
So, for those of you who would like to come, you are more than welcome to stay here and enjoy, keep in mind that no one wants to be surrounded by snobs, so please try to fit in, we’ll probably accept you and you’ll have a much better time with the locals (we know where the good stuff is)
Old Jun 18th 2014, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

pedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond reputepedro pete has a reputation beyond repute

Two good posts Andy and being a Spanish speaker, I don't confine myself to Guiri land as it is known locally. As you have stated, you can only speak as you find and to be bleak about it, the examples you have cited could easily be placed in UK, changing a few names of course, since Romanians etc are equally despised. Racism in football is alive and well, listen to the crowds whenever a black player has the ball, there is a huge campaign to try and combat this.

The second post confirms what I hear from Spaniards everyday and the novelty of being a fat Brit in a checked shirt who can surprise the locals by speaking Spanish has long since worn off. The reaction is still one of surprise and appreciation.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Whites only: One in four Spanish nightclubs racist - The Local

No more racism in Spain from which there may be in the UK, Germany, Holland and Sweden. Also, here we have not even right-wing parties, legal or in the government, as in the case of UK, France, Italy, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Germany and Austria, for example
Old Jun 19th 2014, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know what is the most violent country in Western Europe? UK ...
Do you know to who open special safety devices during international matches? To the British hooligans

In Spain it an economic crisis does not mean, much less, that of the countries of northern Pyrenees (starting with your country) you pretend to give us lessons of morality
Originally Posted by andyrich666
The guy who through the banana at Dani Alves, 800 people rallied around him and stated that his arrest was wrong and it was part of a media lynch, that alone should tell you something
Or the racist songs to the pakistanies players in the British stadiums, or the racist songs when the Tottenham plays, because it is a jewis FC etc etc

Naaaa...! British people is not racist

Do I continue?

Last edited by Relampago; Jun 19th 2014 at 12:33 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.