Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish property crashed by almost 55%

Spanish property crashed by almost 55%

Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:43 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Spanish property crashed by almost 55%

Prices are falling faster than shit through a goose.

It seems like carnage. Many people struggling to pay mortgage / rent

Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:49 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish property crashed by almost 55%

Originally Posted by lumpommer
Prices are falling faster than shit through a goose.

It seems like carnage. Many people struggling to pay mortgage / rent

Got anything to back those statements please?
Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:55 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bil
Got anything to back those statements please?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...g-house-prices

Its worrying

Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The Guardian ..... Great.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:00 pm
Love Machine

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
There is plenty more out there just search its frightening.

Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Just looking at the titles of your other threads was worse
(couldnt find the emoticon for shit for brains)
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ... yes I'm sure .... however the British press have a habit of honing in on Spain, they come here regularly asking for our worst nightmares and horror stories so they can go away and sensationally tell the world.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:22 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ... yes I'm sure .... however the British press have a habit of honing in on Spain, they come here regularly asking for our worst nightmares and horror stories so they can go away and sensationally tell the world.
Whats that expression "Good news is no news"

Jo xxx
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:35 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

It actually says "Reports on Spain's ailing housing market show sales volumes are down almost 50% since the summer "

Well, call me cynical, but would anyone be surprised that sales this summer were low, given everything that is going on? Plus, is anyone surprised that there isn't a stampede to buy? Or that sales are still down given the silly prices some are still asking?

The general opinion on here seems to be that property here is by and large over priced, that the market is yet to bottom, the huge bulk of property that is standing unsold was built for the tourist market, and there just aren't tourists wandering round with wads of cash any more, are there?

To me this thread smacks of someone wanting to post a sensationalist, depressing thread and getting some sort of a thrill out of it.

Me, I shan't be slitting my wrists just yet.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jojojojojo;9086766]Whats that expression "Good news is no news"

Yes it's either that or the British press will just make it up, what's changed property is and always has been worth what someone will pay for
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

So what would you recommend we read for an in depth, honest, unbiased report? El País, ABC, El Mundo perhaps? What would you dispute about the article, which bits are clearly not true? The million and a half properties for sale, the 23,600 property sector companies that have gone bust? It's easy to slag off a paper, have you have more accurate info to give us? Perhaps it's all lies, and the situation there is very different from the report, everything is rosy. You seem to have a persecution complex, the whole British press is out to rubbish Spain.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:48 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by agoreira
So what would you recommend we read for an in depth, honest, unbiased report? El País, ABC, El Mundo perhaps? What would you dispute about the article, which bits are clearly not true? The million and a half properties for sale, the 23,600 property sector companies that have gone bust? It's easy to slag off a paper, have you have more accurate info to give us? Perhaps it's all lies, and the situation there is very different from the report, everything is rosy. You seem to have a persecution complex, the whole British press is out to rubbish Spain.
Dont start on me my friend like you do on some people here, you wont get very far

Where did I slag off a paper

I dont have a persecution complex at all, sorry to disappoint you
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Where did I slag off a paper
I think we both know you certainly never meant "great" in the positive sense.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

ilovepatnevin has a brilliant futureilovepatnevin has a brilliant futureilovepatnevin has a brilliant futureilovepatnevin has a brilliant futureilovepatnevin has a brilliant futureilovepatnevin has a brilliant future

Dont start on me my friend like you do on some people here, you wont get very far
My god! So strong, determined and robust. Your penis must be truly enormous!
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ilovepatnevin
My god! So strong, determined and robust. Your penis must be truly enormous!
Yeh, scary!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.