Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish property crash has begun...

Spanish property crash has begun...

Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

hrothgar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spanish property crash has begun...

Originally Posted by janet57
It was not on the financial page.was on page 31.
So not on page 3 then?
Spent last month with 'Er indoors on the Costa del Sol looking at propertiies. Everything vastly overpriced. Some had been on the market for years. (serves them right for being greedy) So this can only be good news. Will await developments before another expedition.

Last edited by hrothgar; Apr 26th 2007 at 9:20 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:15 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Hi,

Interest rates would need to be around 7.5% for the UK to start having problems. Also take into account, the UK builds less houses than it needs.
What and you think there will be no more increases ?
we shall see my waters normally pretty good
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big Pete
What and you think there will be no more increases ?
we shall see my waters normally pretty good
hehe, who know. But they usually only but up by a quarter of a percent each time. It will go up next time, for sure. I think then it will start to go down over the next year though.

We will test your feeling against mine
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
hehe, who know. But they usually only but up by a quarter of a percent each time. It will go up next time, for sure. I think then it will start to go down over the next year though.

We will test your feeling against mine
People who have borrowed 6 x earnings will be well in the S H.
I seem to remember 14 % at one time ?
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I seem to remember 14 % at one time ?
That was when we bought our house. There were so many bills behind the clock that it fell off the mantlepiece

Don't know they're born today

Last edited by big wheels; Apr 26th 2007 at 11:31 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:47 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big_john
The whole of Spain is not expensive though and Galicia is still gaining ,can't get any lower than this have a look www.galiciavista.com

The good thing about any slump is that it will get rid of all the sharks who are out there waiting to snatch your hand off

The Spanish paper that I read has said in today's edition that those large developers on the bolsa have gone up by 0.75% at close of play yesterday

It's nearly as much fun when that dickhead Gordon buffon Brown sold off the gold reserves of the U.K. all he did because of his lack of any brains & knowledge was cause a sharp drop in the price of gold
If he had dribbled the reserves out slowly nothing would have happened, and now look at what it has cost the country what a prat he is

I love looking at websites like that - shabby soulless properties with low ceilings, small rooms, thick walls made of mud and wellington boots, damp, no utilities, you name it.

They all look great on on the website, really top value. And then you buy one and realise what a complete money-pit it is and how you would have been better off starting with a bit of flat ground.

Damn, I was almost booking a flight to go and look at some.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:56 am
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

Hello all, 1st post

Some news:

Property prices in Málaga province rose by an average of 6% in the first quarter of this year, which is only half of the average increase in the same period of 2006. Figures just released by the Ministry of Housing show that the average price of new property in Málaga city is now 2,247 euros per square metre, which is 6.7% higher than at the same time last year.

The most expensive area for property continues to be Marbella, where a purchaser of a brand new property can expect to pay an average of 2,852 euros per square metre. Prices have risen considerably in the expanding areas of Rincón de la Victoria and Vélez-Málaga, by 12.5% and 14.6% respectively, but dropped by 1.2% in Benalmádena to an average of 2,578 euros per square metre, and also fell by 2.5% in Ronda.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:16 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
It's taken me 5 years to persuade Mr Teapot to buy in Spain, and now this happens:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai.../cnspain25.xml

Its also in the FT online, but you have to subscribe to get the whole story.

Mr Teapot is seriously considering pulling out of our current house purchase, before its too late.
I think it's a question of using common sense. If you want to buy in Spain then buy - people have been talking about prices crashing for at least two years - and so far nothing - same for the UK too.

However - if you are buying for investment then do your sums - what rate of return are you going to get - I'll bet you may be better off parking your money in the bank - and consider what would happen if rates went up another 2% - could you cope then?

Remember that nobody really knows what is going to happen in the future so make your OWN mind up.

Mark
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Charles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really nice

The most amazing thing is that there are a large number of people who through prices were going to keep on rising forever...
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Report from MSM today on the British housing market.

.....Economists don't expect the mini boom seen over the last few years to continue. The Financial Services Authority has recently been talking about a 20% fall in house prices.....

Seems that this 20% is a popular figure. If we listen to the "experts" our properties, no matter where they are, should be falling in price.
Graham.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:56 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GCM
I think it's a question of using common sense. If you want to buy in Spain then buy - people have been talking about prices crashing for at least two years - and so far nothing - same for the UK too.
You can go all the way back to 2001 and the UK press were full of a housing market crash. I still know people now who didn't buy then and are still waiting for a pullback. Even if the market pulls back 30/40% it will still be higher than it was 4 or 5 yrs ago.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:10 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Spanish property crash has begun...

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I love looking at websites like that - shabby soulless properties with low ceilings, small rooms, thick walls made of mud and wellington boots, damp, no utilities, you name it.

They all look great on on the website, really top value. And then you buy one and realise what a complete money-pit it is and how you would have been better off starting with a bit of flat ground.

Damn, I was almost booking a flight to go and look at some.

Not all houses up here are made of Wellington boots!
A traditional house is a lot better built than a modern chalet type of thing, with concrete floors and hollow brick walls. Just right to carry sound and virtually no insulation. Give us a wall of 2 feet think stone any day. Then you may have a problem with the thing being illegally built. At least with a traditional house, anywhere in the country, means that they are official.

Still each to their own.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

cmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura about

If you are looking for long term investment now may be the time to buy, just purchased last week. Price started at 375k agreed on 300k. I think the bargains will be snatched up quick. We bought off a German family, fully furnished inc the 100cc scooter and about 20k worth of other gear. They are trying to shift their second homes due to taxes brought into Germany last year, so keep an eye open for this.

Agree with others regarding looking for short term investments.

Packing up and moving out in June, thank god.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:31 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

Originally Posted by cmorgy
If you are looking for long term investment now may be the time to buy, just purchased last week. Price started at 375k agreed on 300k. I think the bargains will be snatched up quick. We bought off a German family, fully furnished inc the 100cc scooter and about 20k worth of other gear. They are trying to shift their second homes due to taxes brought into Germany last year, so keep an eye open for this.

found this today

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/ma...6/wspain26.xml

Spanish properties are (will be shortly) bargins in the sun
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:54 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmorgy

What area was that in ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.