Spanish Police

Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

bushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant future
Default Spanish Police

Hello,

What are the laws in Spain regarding the police and searches. For example in the US you have the 10 amendments and there are a lot of video online to help you regarding officers etc.

However in on the next about Spain I cannot seem to find anything.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Police

I think its a case of if they want to search you then you let them or accept the consequences.
I've never had the experience, but I think I would probably let them do it, not having anything to hide
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

bushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant futurebushidowarrior has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think its a case of if they want to search you then you let them or accept the consequences.
I've never had the experience, but I think I would probably let them do it, not having anything to hide
I disagree. I have nothing to hide however accept the consequences. For what, walking, talking to some people etc. Regardless if you know the law you are better off. Staying blind does not really help at all. Even more so, the police here in Spain do not really follow the rules, I have seen people being hit during peaceful protests.. Hence I want to know some of the laws.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bushidowarrior
I disagree. I have nothing to hide however accept the consequences. For what, walking, talking to some people etc. Regardless if you know the law you are better off. Staying blind does not really help at all. Even more so, the police here in Spain do not really follow the rules, I have seen people being hit during peaceful protests.. Hence I want to know some of the laws.
you might find this interesting

http://www.soros.org/voices/pressure...cial-profiling
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

. Hence I want to know some of the laws.
Why ? nobody in Spain gives a hoot for the law.
Certainly not the police.
You want to get beat up, then argue with a policeman, especially if you are in the right
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you.

All I am telling you is the realities. If you are stopped and asked to be searched, and you refuse. I'd be interested to hear your story afterwards. This aint America.

People are stopped here on the road and fined for things that are not illegal. Like having a UK driving licence for instance. The bottom line is that you take the fine notice and you argue afterwards because having an argument with the Guardia at the side of the road just aint going to work. Even if you think you know better than he does
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
You want to get beat up, then argue with a policeman, especially if you are in the right
Yes, you are right... But it is not right....... It is a really pain in the ass.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:06 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by lynnxa
That might take a few years then .... Spain are still knocking down people homes depite EU fines arent they
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I have noticed this as well. In Sol/Madrid focusing on migrations. But even then. They find someone who has no documents they will only detain them for 24 hours and then let them go..... So stupid.

Even in Madrid, which I know of well, if you stop a robber and use appropriate force, the theft and the GHA will be treated as two separate cases.

Also all video / audio footage is immiscible in court. Ufff Go fish
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Yes, I have noticed this as well. In Sol/Madrid focusing on migrations. But even then. They find someone who has no documents they will only detain them for 24 hours and then let them go..... So stupid.

Even in Madrid, which I know of well, if you stop a robber and use appropriate force, the theft and the GHA will be treated as two separate cases.

Also all video / audio footage is immiscible in court. Ufff Go fish
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you.

All I am telling you is the realities. If you are stopped and asked to be searched, and you refuse. I'd be interested to hear your story afterwards. This aint America.

People are stopped here on the road and fined for things that are not illegal. Like having a UK driving licence for instance. The bottom line is that you take the fine notice and you argue afterwards because having an argument with the Guardia at the side of the road just aint going to work. Even if you think you know better than he does
Yep... That i agree with.. Thank you!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

There are several different types of police in Spain, with different responsibilities. They even vary according to where you are, for example the Mossos d'Escuadra in Cataluña, who are notorious for their, let's say, "intolerance" of peaceful protesters. They are probably the ones you saw pictures of, moving against the indignados in Barcelona?

Your rights as a citizen against unfair treatment by the police, e.g. being stopped and searched without grounds for suspicion, are protected by the European Court of Human Rights.
Stop-and-search powers ruled illegal by European court

A lot of Spanish law is quite vague, which leaves some leeway for interpretation. For example, Guardia Civil on traffic duty can interpret the laws differently between one town and the next, which can be extremely frustrating!

I would say the police in Spain generally do follow the rules, but that doesn't stop the rules being changed by the government ...

Spain accused of 'draconian' plans to clamp down on protests
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:13 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear

not only have I got to learn Spanish but also Spanish Law
sorry can't stop so much to do
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:14 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Domino
o
sorry can't stop so much to do
So little time .................
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
There are several different types of police in Spain, with different responsibilities. They even vary according to where you are, for example the Mossos d'Escuadra in Cataluña, who are notorious for their, let's say, "intolerance" of peaceful protesters. They are probably the ones you saw pictures of, moving against the indignados in Barcelona?

Your rights as a citizen against unfair treatment by the police, e.g. being stopped and searched without grounds for suspicion, are protected by the European Court of Human Rights.
Stop-and-search powers ruled illegal by European court

A lot of Spanish law is quite vague, which leaves some leeway for interpretation. For example, Guardia Civil on traffic duty can interpret the laws differently between one town and the next, which can be extremely frustrating!

I would say the police in Spain generally do follow the rules, but that doesn't stop the rules being changed by the government ...

Spain accused of 'draconian' plans to clamp down on protests
If something were to happen that was unjust. And you felt that you are not being treated right. Could you ask for the trial to take place in the European Court to prevent and ambiguity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.