Spanish people

Old May 13th 2007, 5:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish people

We have a silly little problem with our Spanish neighbours.

Since moving here we have been given oranges etc by many of our neighbours but one family in particular make sure that we are always supplied. After the recent fiesta and OH carrying the statue we showed these particular neighbours the photo that I took and they happen to be in it. They asked for a copy which we duly supplied and were very happy that we were able to do something for them for a change. But, they offered money which was declined and we thought GREAT, we won.

No we had not because a huge bag of oranges was thrust in our hand.

How the hell do we give them something without something being given in return?

What is about the Spanish that means that they are not able to receive?

Love them to bits but there are times when I could strangle them.

Rosemary
Old May 13th 2007, 6:27 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spanish people

Originally Posted by The Oddities
We have a silly little problem with our Spanish neighbours.

Since moving here we have been given oranges etc by many of our neighbours but one family in particular make sure that we are always supplied. After the recent fiesta and OH carrying the statue we showed these particular neighbours the photo that I took and they happen to be in it. They asked for a copy which we duly supplied and were very happy that we were able to do something for them for a change. But, they offered money which was declined and we thought GREAT, we won.

No we had not because a huge bag of oranges was thrust in our hand.

How the hell do we give them something without something being given in return?

What is about the Spanish that means that they are not able to receive?

Love them to bits but there are times when I could strangle them.

Rosemary

Hey Rosemary,

When I'm not on BE I make greeting cards, and I make one for my neighbor when she gives me fruit. I usually have a picture of the fruit on the front of the card and then inside I write my thanks in both Spanish and English, also something about how sweet and juicy the fruit was she really likes it, makes so much fuss when she finds it in her letter box and show it's to everyone. I know it is so difficult when you know people like this, I always feel that I am taking and never giving which I find very alien.
Old May 13th 2007, 6:36 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hey Rosemary,

When I'm not on BE I make greeting cards, and I make one for my neighbor when she gives me fruit. I usually have a picture of the fruit on the front of the card and then inside I write my thanks in both Spanish and English, also something about how sweet and juicy the fruit was she really likes it, makes so much fuss when she finds it in her letter box and show it's to everyone. I know it is so difficult when you know people like this, I always feel that I am taking and never giving which I find very alien.
I'm now really convinced that I'd like to give you a pair of red knickers!!
Old May 13th 2007, 6:42 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
I'm now really convinced that I'd like to give you a pair of red knickers!!
You keep saying that Nomad but you never deliver.......remember they must be sloggi
Old May 13th 2007, 6:53 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
You keep saying that Nomad but you never deliver.......remember they must be sloggi
Story of my life!!
Old May 13th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rosemary,
I don't think you stand a chance, to be honest!

We have one particular elderly neighbour, who lives alone.
We started off by carrying her fruit and veg home for her on market day, and that was it...........now we're into a "tit for tat" sort of situation!!

We buy her 5 litre bottles of water (just to save her a bit of money, and so that she doesn't have to lug them back from the shop) but we don't want any money for them.
This means that she now insists on buying us some kind of fruit or veg every week, and then if we do anything else to help her out, she'll come round with a box of biscuits, a packet of bizcocho, some eggs or - like this week - some kitchen towels from the market!
I'm FOREVER saying to her "PLEASE don't buy anything for us" but it makes not a jot of difference

We don't do things in order to get anything back - we just enjoy her company and like to help her out with anything we can.
However, sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of apples (or similar) and I just can't get her to stop.
I'm afraid I don't know what the answer is