Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish parking.

Spanish parking.

Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:57 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish parking.

I was sure they are the worst in the world at parking , but now I am not so sure.

http://failblog.org/2009/10/28/epic-...rking-fail-13/
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spanish parking.

Oh dear.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:43 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I was sure they are the worst in the world at parking , but now I am not so sure.

http://failblog.org/2009/10/28/epic-...rking-fail-13/
I (as a Brit) always used to think the Spanish were far better at parking. Well, at parking in an impossibly tight space that is, and inventing parking space out of thin air (ie double parking and the like). Of course it all came at a cost, including bumps and dents..
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:55 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I (as a Brit) always used to think the Spanish were far better at parking. Well, at parking in an impossibly tight space that is, and inventing parking space out of thin air (ie double parking and the like). Of course it all came at a cost, including bumps and dents..

I love the way the Spanish park, they just stop the car and get out! Our main town almost has two rows of parking each side of the central street, the proper parking bays and then the double parkers next to them with their hazzards on - then theres those who park on the round abouts, like thats what they're there for and in the central reservation??!!!! and as for the way they park down those narrow side streets....!!!!!

I cant believe I'm gonna say this, but if ever a country needed traffic wardens, its Spain!!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:01 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Eh Spanish????? it says it was filmed in Canada.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...o-charged?bn=1
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Eh Spanish????? it says it was filmed in Canada.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...o-charged?bn=1
Which is why he said
Spanish parking.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:04 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
I love the way the Spanish park, they just stop the car and get out! Our main town almost has two rows of parking each side of the central street, the proper parking bays and then the double parkers next to them with their hazzards on - then theres those who park on the round abouts, like thats what they're there for and in the central reservation??!!!! and as for the way they park down those narrow side streets....!!!!!

I cant believe I'm gonna say this, but if ever a country needed traffic wardens, its Spain!!

Jo xxx
hazzards what's those them We don't have any thing like that round ere !
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:55 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grebo
hazzards what's those them We don't have any thing like that round ere !
Look at yer own spellling......

Last edited by Jur; Oct 29th 2009 at 11:55 am.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 6:35 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warren d
Which is why he said

I see but there was no talk about Canada, hence my comment.
Still it was A BMW driver!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
I see but there was no talk about Canada, hence my comment.
What are you babbling about?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:46 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Tight spaces no problemo for the Spanish.
If the space aint quite big enough,....simply make it bigger by repetitive shunting of vehicles in front and behind.
I've noticed that the ladies are especially skillful with regard to this somewhat less than fine art.....
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:49 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Tight spaces no problemo for the Spanish.
If the space aint quite big enough,....simply make it bigger by repetitive shunting of vehicles in front and behind.
I've noticed that the ladies are especially skillful with regard to this somewhat less than fine art.....
Which is why their husbands get them huge 4x4´s!!! (for driving the kids to school mainly!)
Old Oct 30th 2009, 4:39 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jur
Look at yer own spellling......
Whats your point I never mentioned spelling.

The point was, cars are very rarely seem with their hazard lights on ....... yer....

Last edited by Grebo; Oct 30th 2009 at 4:42 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:01 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

It does appear to be a driver unaware of the controls on an automatic.

Also seems the driver didn`t leave contact details and simply drove away.

Unbeliveable.

From my limited driving experience in Spain I found there driving ability great.

To be able to stop a car with so little space, they have great reaction skills.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:34 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
From my limited driving experience in Spain I found there driving ability great.

To be able to stop a car with so little space, they have great reaction skills.
I couldn't dissagree more. They may be able to park in a tight squeeze but this is down to their culture of not really giving a damn if they mark their car or someone elses, this has nothing to do with reation skills.
I found the French were fast drivers when I lived there but they were aware of hazzards and did slow down at night (I lived in the south and there was a lot of roaming wildelife at night) and in bad weather conditions.
My appolgies if I side track a little off topic but I saw this short video and thought it would be nice if they aired it over here as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.