British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Spanish music (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/spanish-music-481163/)

andyrich666 Sep 18th 2007 12:48 am

Re: Spanish music

There are toom many artists to mention , I think the best thing to do if you want to listen to modern songs, is to really put the radio on, or stream a station that play's top 40 music, then you will pick up songs you like while carrying on with your everyday business, then when you like a song, download it or buy it or youtube it whatever your pref, then google for the Lyrics, Its too hard to ask for what your after on a forum like this becuase everybody has a different taste, I love reggaeton and Latin hip hop I spose you would call it, I like some of it more than UK Music, but Flamenco not really my style, some relaxiing chill out tunes are cool aswell, Chill out Con Duende is something id reccomend.

Snats Sep 18th 2007 3:15 am

Originally Posted by andyrich666 (Post 5325427)
...I love reggaeton and Latin hip hop I spose you would call it, I like some of it more than UK Music, but Flamenco not really my style, some relaxiing chill out tunes are cool aswell, Chill out Con Duende is something id reccomend.

Hi andyrich What Latin hip hop tunes would be on your top list then? I'll check out the Con Duende on google, thankyou :thumbsup: I'll leave the radio alone though, can't stand mainstream stuff, (OMG that makes me feel old). I was just trying to find something with Spanish lyrics that I enjoy listening to as I learn the language. Makes me giggle when I recognise a couple of words midsong. Doesn't mean I can understand a bloody word otherwise! But hopefully I'll be hablaring in espanol before you can say pronto!!

Nats

rugbymatt Sep 18th 2007 3:21 am

have some of this ese!

Snats Sep 18th 2007 3:27 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5326082)
have some of this ese!

Oh my step son would be proud of me . . . or not :eek: Thanks Matt that made me laugh. I'll know I've cracked it when I can translate the a*se off that! Was that actually in Spanish :confused:

rugbymatt Sep 18th 2007 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Snats (Post 5326114)
Oh my step son would be proud of me . . . or not :eek: Thanks Matt that made me laugh. I'll know I've cracked it when I can translate the a*se off that! Was that actually in Spanish :confused:

Yeah, bario Spanish, but Spanish all the same.

rugbymatt Sep 18th 2007 3:31 am

Same group, brilliant vid......

rugbymatt Sep 18th 2007 3:38 am

just love it..............

rugbymatt Sep 18th 2007 3:47 am

and I love this too.........

andyrich666 Sep 18th 2007 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Snats (Post 5326050)
Hi andyrich What Latin hip hop tunes would be on your top list then? I'll check out the Con Duende on google, thankyou :thumbsup: I'll leave the radio alone though, can't stand mainstream stuff, (OMG that makes me feel old). I was just trying to find something with Spanish lyrics that I enjoy listening to as I learn the language. Makes me giggle when I recognise a couple of words midsong. Doesn't mean I can understand a bloody word otherwise! But hopefully I'll be hablaring in espanol before you can say pronto!!

Nats

Hard to say I like so much, but

David Bustamente - Besame
David Bisbal - Buleria (fav)+ most of his later songs
Juanes - All of mostly the one with Black eyed Peas
Jlo - done an albulm in Spanish, easy to follow
All dance versions to Gipsy Kings music, inc Happy Penguins versions
K-Narias
Paulina Rubio
Gadjo - Besame Mucho and all Club dance mixes versions of that song but this one is the best ever

I could go on and on, But Spanish music was a great help for me learning Spanish and to learn some slang aswell which helps in any language, no where teaches slang but it is said more often than not all the time.

Even one night I never forget I was in Moby's in Lloret and It was so cool this guy was amazed at me, they come up to me later and said you dance to all the Spanish stuff and not the English stuff, so strange, at the start of the next night they even let me do a bit of DJing, which was cool, cos I knew all the music and the words beats ect, was a great experience in a 2 bit club, lol