Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A Spanish Health Card (or maybe not ?)

A Spanish Health Card (or maybe not ?)

Old Mar 28th 2011, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Loco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Spanish Health Card (or maybe not ?)

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Exactly the point I was making. As I am not a pensioner, nor a dependent of one, I am not currently entitled to an EHIC card from either country.
I'm also an early retiree, who has had many instances when the local Centre de Salud would not honour my E106 qualification without an EHIC.
I eventually got so fed up with this twice yearly argument for my temporary SIP card that I phoned the UK requesting a replacement for my "lost" EHIC which arrived at the UK address I gave them within a week.
In the meantime, I visited the "Accreditacion" department of our main hospital in Denia and created a fuss regarding this spurious need for my EHIC card to gain a SIP based on my E106.
A very helpful lady told me she would sort it - and she did. When I went back to the health centre, they meekly handed over another SIP.
Incidently, whilst at the hospital, she photocopied the E106 and issued me with a letter which I need to show every time I have a hospital appointment to prove my current on-going entitlement to treatment.
This has to be renewed every year with each new E106.