Reload this Page >

Spanish films with english subs

Spanish films with english subs

Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

siggi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish films with english subs

Hi,

Where is it possible in the Valencia area to see Spanish films in the cinema with english subtitles?

Best

Siggi
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish films with english subs

Originally Posted by siggi
Hi,

Where is it possible in the Valencia area to see Spanish films in the cinema with english subtitles?

Best

Siggi
do you mean films which were originally made in Spanish, or originally in English & dubbed into Spanish?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:24 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the big "multiscreen" cinemas show movies in english, not all, and not all day, sometimes they are actually in english, sometime you have to wear headphones.

Gran Turia and El Saler have them, andthe PArk.
http://www.cinesabc.com

fromthe list pick one of the last 3 for a location and list of movies, and if they are in VO.
http://www.cinesabc.com/modules.php?name=Busqueda
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:46 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
Most of the big "multiscreen" cinemas show movies in english, not all, and not all day, sometimes they are actually in english, sometime you have to wear headphones.

Gran Turia and El Saler have them, andthe PArk.
http://www.cinesabc.com

fromthe list pick one of the last 3 for a location and list of movies, and if they are in VO.
http://www.cinesabc.com/modules.php?name=Busqueda
yes, but is that what the OP means

even our tiny little cinema here shows English language films in VO every thursday - & more often in summer
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:54 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yes, but is that what the OP means
even our tiny little cinema here shows English language films in VO every thursday - & more often in summer
Doh! too early in the am!

I dont know of any that do Spanish films with English subs....
Perhaps it would be better to get the DVDs - they normally do Spanish with English subs....
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Guy
Doh! too early in the am!

I dont know of any that do Spanish films with English subs....
Perhaps it would be better to get the DVDs - they normally do Spanish with English subs....

I so much want to see Biutiful, I have no patience waiting for the DVD. Spanish films have a very special magic to them! Seeing a movie in a cinema is also for me a special treat. I'll probably go and see it even though my spanish is limited.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siggi
I so much want to see Biutiful, I have no patience waiting for the DVD. Spanish films have a very special magic to them! Seeing a movie in a cinema is also for me a special treat. I'll probably go and see it even though my spanish is limited.
I've seen it. It was an OK film but didnt seem to have much point to it and was a bit depressing/boring.

My favourite Spanish films are by Almodovar, Amenabar and Medem. Not sure you'll be able to get them with English sub-titles in Spain though, maybe on the DVD
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cricketman
I've seen it. It was an OK film but didnt seem to have much point to it and was a bit depressing/boring.

My favourite Spanish films are by Almodovar, Amenabar and Medem. Not sure you'll be able to get them with English sub-titles in Spain though, maybe on the DVD
Yes magical movies like Mar Adentro and Abre Los Ojos by Amenabar. Sexo y Lucia and Los amantes del Círculo Polar by Julio Medem. Julio has got that special touch, I really like what he does.

I want to recommend Los cronocrímenes, a sci fi mind twister.