Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Electricity Bill - Iberdrola

Spanish Electricity Bill - Iberdrola

Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Electricity Bill - Iberdrola

Update

We have used everything normally but have not had the electric radiators on during the day and have changed the water heater to come on for about 5 hours during the day at certain periods but not at night at all. Using wood burner from late afternoon when it starts to get chilly.

The usage is around 18 - 20 units a day which equates to about €1.80 a day + IVA, or about €54 a month.

I put the electric radiator on today at around 11 am, and by about 5 pm I had used the full days 20 units with the evening yet to go.

So no guesses why we were getting high electricity bills then.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:20 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

I put the electric radiator on today at around 11 am, and by about 5 pm I had used the full days 20 units with the evening yet to go.

Any electrical item using a heating Element will draw high current and cost more to run, especially the cheaper models tend to be less energy efficient.

My Inlaws don`t bother with the central heating in the winter, even when they get snow, they just wear extra cloths and sit under blankets on the sofa for most of the day.

I hate visiting there for Kings, usually results in bad flu afterwards.

And they had the gaul to ask for the heating on when they came to visit the UK.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

I have electric heaters and didn't have a problem. They were new though. Like Lee said though, electric is an inefficient way of heating. Sounds like the wood burner is your best bet!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Update

We have used everything normally but have not had the electric radiators on during the day and have changed the water heater to come on for about 5 hours during the day at certain periods but not at night at all. Using wood burner from late afternoon when it starts to get chilly.

The usage is around 18 - 20 units a day which equates to about €1.80 a day + IVA, or about €54 a month.

Well that's solved that little mystery then!
Good job you've got the woodburner, otherwise it would be the good old brasero for you from now on, hey Mitzy!?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
I have electric heaters and didn't have a problem. They were new though. Like Lee said though, electric is an inefficient way of heating. Sounds like the wood burner is your best bet!
Well its swings & roundabouts isn't it I guess. I still have to buy the wood to burn ....... €25 of olive logs lasts maybe a fortnight
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

gerrymoore is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Spanish Electricity Bill - Iberdrola

Hi all - I'm new to the forum but have lived in Spain for 7 years. I've just fitted aircon units to my downstairs rental apartment and I am fitting a credit meter so I can charge holida 'guests' for it's use. Can anyone tell me the current cost per Kwhour from Iberdrola.........we pay by direct debit and don't get bills anymore it's all supposed to be available on the 'net but I've never managed to log in to my bills!!!! Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm not very good at decyphering my bill, it comes printed on a bank statement!, however, we are supplied by Leandro Perez Alfonso in Abanilla. The bill says....

Poten 5.75KWx2Mx1.589 18.284€
Energ 139KWHx 0.903 12.555€

with IVA and two other add ons it is a total of 38.86€ for the period 31 august to 31 october. Now that doesn't seem bad, but you have to take into account we were only there for 1 week in september! I do hope one of those figures is a charge for having the meter on the post by the gate
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

"Can anyone tell me the current cost per Kwhour from Iberdrola"

It's almost 9 cents per kWh (we just round it up to 10 cents to make it easier to work potential costs out)
I heard on the radio this morning though, that gas and electric prices are going up - so it might be worth holding on for a little bit longer to see what the new rate is?
We had our meter read just before Christmas, so I'm sure the bill will be here tomorrow!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:07 am
Just Joined

gerrymoore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info....if it changes by much on your next bill, could you let me know.......
.......btw does anyone else have trouble trying to get access to their online facturas??? I'm sure it can't be that hard, but it beats me!!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gerrymoore
Thanks for the info....if it changes by much on your next bill, could you let me know.......
.......btw does anyone else have trouble trying to get access to their online facturas??? I'm sure it can't be that hard, but it beats me!!

Sure, will do

I've never tried looking at our bill online, so can't offer any suggestions there - sorry!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Morning!

Electricity bill has just arrived, and there is NO increase in the kWh rate at all.
However, judging by the fact that the post office were franking all letters on 2nd January, because despite a (presumably planned?) price increase, they still didn't have the new stamps in maybe the electricity price increase won't show up until the next bill in two months' time??

Gas bottle prices have hiked 5% from 12.35 euros to 13 euros!!
I read on another thread that many people's Spanish wages haven't increased at all in a 5 year period, so I'll bet that no-one has received a 5% increase in their wages to match these price increases!!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Gas bottle prices have hiked 5% from 12.35 euros to 13 euros!!
I read on another thread that many people's Spanish wages haven't increased at all in a 5 year period, so I'll bet that no-one has received a 5% increase in their wages to match these price increases!!
Some places around here have been selling bottles for 13 euros for a while now...
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

My last gas bottle bought the first week of December cost a whopping 9.80€
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Just to let you know in the UK the Electric price has gone up today from one company N-Power 17%, others are expected to follow, It would be interesting for somebody to put some time in to show the difference in Rates for both Countries. Im certainly no engery conserver and do waste a lot, I live in a one bed flat and my last bill was £160 ( for just under 2 month) so Mitzy I dont think you can say it is as high in Spain as the UK

1800 units used
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee

How did you manage that then!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.