Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Documentry

Spanish Documentry

Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish Documentry

Has anyone else been watching this fantastic programme on TVE channel 802? "España, entre el cielo y la tierra"
Unfortunately it does not start now until 01:30 GMT on Sunday morning, so for me living in Spain it is even worse, but I strongly recommend it, 48 minutes or so of the most fantastic and beautiful scenery, mostly filmed from helicopter flying low.

pwwm
Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:57 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Documentry

Originally Posted by pwwm
Has anyone else been watching this fantastic programme on TVE channel 802? "España, entre el cielo y la tierra"
Unfortunately it does not start now until 01:30 GMT on Sunday morning, so for me living in Spain it is even worse, but I strongly recommend it, 48 minutes or so of the most fantastic and beautiful scenery, mostly filmed from helicopter flying low.

pwwm

I've watched that, it's on TVE2 during the day, though can't think when at the moment!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:26 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

The Spanish wildlife programme presented by Michael Portillo is great as well. Cannot remember which channel or when, caught it by accident !
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola y buenos dias,
Hooray! At last, someone else has seen this brilliant program! Espana, entre el cielo y la tierra, was made in 2005, I think, and has around 15 episodes. I refer to the information site for TVE(internacional), because, as you say, the screening timetable is variable: www.rtve.es/tve/programo/avan3/tv3_fr.htm
Also, El Mundo newspaper is offering copies of the episodes on DVD for 11.90 euros every Monday, since when, I'm not sure. However, there is a man in Valladolid selling 2 copies of the Valladolid - Salamanca, and the Burgos - Soria routes on e-bay.
Michael Portillo made a documentary of his personal journey to Salamanca where I believe his father studied, or was a professor. It was quite interesting.
Regards & happy viewing,
Carol
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I ought to copy of my DVD's and sell on Ebay then! nice to know how many episodes there are, I have about eight.

Nice to hear that others are watching, will have to see if I can find out when it is on earlier, the other night it said 6pm on Sunday. No it was not.

My favourite episode so far is the Sierra Nevada, but then I am biased as that is so close to me.

pwwm
Old Apr 4th 2006, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola pwwm,
Ooh! I'll bring the popcorn/chicharrones for the next screening!
I think the tve schedule was out of sync due to the press coverage of the funeral of the spanish actress/singer Rocio Durcal. Durcal pueblo is near your area, I believe. How's the weather today in the sierras?
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Carol

Re Durcal, My friends daughter is living there with her brood of 4 plus husband!!!!

the weather here is sunny with some cloud but the doors are open to enjoy the fresh air, I always make the most of it before the real heat gets here. temperature running around 26dg today. How is around you?

Just got back from the local greenhouse where I get given a variety of veg but having to push my scooter up hill absolutely cream crackered.
Ba.... would not start

pwwm
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol

Re Durcal, My friends daughter is living there with her brood of 4 plus husband!!!!

the weather here is sunny with some cloud but the doors are open to enjoy the fresh air, I always make the most of it before the real heat gets here. temperature running around 26dg today. How is around you?

Just got back from the local greenhouse where I get given a variety of veg but having to push my scooter up hill absolutely cream crackered.
Ba.... would not start

pwwm
I bet it felt a bit warmer pushing though
About the same here, but a nice breeze also.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

pwwm
Yes caught it on SKY a few week backs, the one flying down the costa brava and durauda, amazing filming.

Paul
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Carol
temperature running around 26dg today. How is around you?
pwwm
Hi pwwm,
Wish I could say the same for here in sunny, but chilly Scotland. Temp. today will reach a stunningly warm 8 degrees C, if you shelter out of the biting north wind! Fresh & invigorating!
Chirimoya,
Carol
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Fresh & invigorating!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Blue skies and sun all the way, hopefully jdr has the same. Lunch outside with friends today. Not that I am laughing you understand!

pwwm
Old Apr 8th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello again,
Just noticed that there'll be a showing tonight on TVE internacional (well, 1.30am GMT) of the "Espana, entre el cielo y la tierra" documentary - el Duero (Burgos - Valladolid). Another two episodes tomorrow evening (4.15pm - not sure of the title) and 7.10pm (GMT) from El Mar Menor to Costa Tropical. Sky tv guide, and the TVE (i) program timetable show conflicting information. But, there is usually a Sunday program around these times.
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 8th 2006, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

El Mar Menor to Costa Tropical

Excited this one is meeeeeeeeeeee

Timer all ready set up but I can only find it at GMT 01:30 will go and check again, I have the Burgos one but definately not Costa tropical where I am. Carol I am sure you would like to know today is blue sky about approximately 26dg. Bliss.

Will watch tonight and be back with me views tomorrow, Happy watching.

pwwm
Old Apr 8th 2006, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, thanks for all the info, in between the last posting I have been onto the satellite and checked out tonight's and tomorrow's. All the timers have been set up and I shall be sitting back with the pop corn ready, well!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2006, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi pwwm,
I'm a bit like you here: snow in the morning, sun in the afternoon, and the sea not too far away... but, at 10 degrees C, ooh, chilly!
Check the timetable for Sunday (8.10pm Spanish time): http://www.rtve.es/tve/programo/avan3/tv3_fr.htm
Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.