Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish bar invites insults

Spanish bar invites insults

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:56 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish bar invites insults

Casa Pocho in the beach resort town of Cullera near Valencia opened last week and says its promotional gimmick is working like a charm, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Bernard Mariusz, the bar's Polish-born co-owner, said the free alcohol and snacks go only to those who come up with truly original insults.

"They can't call me S.O.B., but they can call me jerk, idiot, clown, that kind of thing," Mr Mariusz said. "This works, because even people in their 70s come to insult me."

Mr Mariusz said he and Michal Lotocki, his business partner, came up with the idea to help people relax during the recession.

Rather than argue about money at home with their spouses, he suggested they stop by and take it out on him.

One of the most memorable insults came from a woman who told Mr Mariusz his ears were so big they reminded her of a car with its doors wide open.

"Nobody overdoes it. Nobody," he said.

The best insults earn their creators a small glass of beer and a plate of finger food, which normally cost 1.50 euros (£1.20).

Newcomers tend to be shy, but eventually get into it, with the proprietor's help.

"I prod them a bit, say things like, 'Sir, where are you going with a face like that?"'
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish bar invites insults

I take it that this isn't quite the highest class drinking establishment in town.

More the sort of place where you wipe your feet as go back out the door............
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:56 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spanish bar invites insults

So one going to get hurt there .......

on that note , Drink

FÉck

Arse

Girls

That would be an ecumenical matter

jurdy

Last edited by jurdyr; Jun 23rd 2009 at 10:01 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Spanish bar invites insults

I wonder if the Bar has an email address ?
I could email him insults in advance of me arriving - just in time for my test tube full of beer

Sounds like a place to bring the Family eh..

DSB.