Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain out of recession!

Spain out of recession!

Old Oct 23rd 2013, 11:07 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spain out of recession!

I shall be first

Only by 0.1% and the busiest quarter of the year (Jul/Aug/Sept) but it's a start
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain out of recession!

Well I hope this is correct.

Lately the only things to come out of Madrid are lies
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

I´ll take 0.1% in the right direction!
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:08 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I shall be first

Only by 0.1% and the busiest quarter of the year (Jul/Aug/Sept) but it's a start
Great news.

I don´t want to rain on your parade and spoil your obvious delight but it is not all good.

According to a reliable source the number of people living in dire poverty has grown;

people in "severe poverty" (having an income below €307/mo) have doubled to 3 million since the start of the crisis;

Also I read an interesting snippet which states that he general poverty rate has increased from 19.7% in 2007 to 21.1% .

Also in 2007 the poverty line was at 15900euros, whereas no it has been lowered to 14700euros.

So not even by lowering the poverty level do they manage to make the picture look better.

I bet that they thought that as the poverty line went down less people would be caught under it, but it did not work out that way. So it has backfired.

We still see people out and about in full bars and restaurants too, that does not show any true picture of the state of affairs, as we do not see the people who cannot afford to go out and eat/drink, and neither does anyone else.

Certain places may be "buzzing" but more and more people are being excluded from participating.

I think we need to look beyond the trendy bars and eateries, and consider the bigger picture, and wonder when the much applauded recovery is going to filter its way down.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

sam54140 has a brilliant futuresam54140 has a brilliant futuresam54140 has a brilliant futuresam54140 has a brilliant futuresam54140 has a brilliant futuresam54140 has a brilliant future

http://www.france24.com/fr/20131023-...e-banque-crise
ticking time-bomb
read here: basicly, toxics in banks. households debt. falling wages (Germans pushing for lower wages !)rising interest rates.
could collapse Spanish banks and have dire effects on the entire euro zone. note also the spanish debt is surging well beyond 100% GDP into 2014 (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...on-spains-debt)

Last edited by Fred James; Oct 25th 2013 at 9:25 pm. Reason: Please do not post whole articles which could be copyright. The link is sufficient.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I shall be first

probably faked the numbers
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

According to the EPA, the paro, unemployment, is down slightly across Spain for the Third Quarter (thanks, in part, to tourist related or service-sector jobs) except in Andalucía, where it is up at 36.37%, with the winter approaching! Almería currently stands at 38.77%. Perhaps if they stopped demolishing our British owned houses and allowed Almería to become more like Florida (without the hurricanes), we would do rather better as a retirement centre for Northern Europeans. Here's the spread across Andalucía: There are two provinces that are in even worse shape than Almería: Jaén at 40.37% and Granada at 38.85%. The autonomous city of Melilla is at 41.2% (compare Gibraltar at 3%). Spain as a whole is at 25.98%, brought down, evidently, by the Andalucía figures..
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking along the same lines. The UK also announced the biggest growth jump since 2010.

However the UK is the only place I know where you can announce this sort of thing and the exchange rate actually falls instead of increases!
Old Oct 26th 2013, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Speaking along the same lines. The UK also announced the biggest growth jump since 2010.

However the UK is the only place I know where you can announce this sort of thing and the exchange rate actually falls instead of increases!
It does seem a bit odd but I think that is because there is no sign of interest rates rising in the UK in the near future.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
It does seem a bit odd but I think that is because there is no sign of interest rates rising in the UK in the near future.
yes confuses me that as well anywhere else gets a sniff off good news currency goes up. I also appreciate no sign of intrest rates going up and could understand from that £ staying level but falling. Also I don't see any country rushing to increase intrest rates. Confused dot com
Old Oct 26th 2013, 9:20 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone remember when the Eurozone was booming. The Euro was almost parity with the Dollar and the sterling rate to Euro was 1.59. Doesn't make sense does it

The UK doesn't want sterling higher, better for exports.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 9:57 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Like most people, especially the currency dealers, I can't make sense of where the pound Sterling is going. !.18 Euros seems comfortable, but when I think of the 1.50 days I get all excited.

What was so different then and why can't those days come back? The UK wants a weak pound for exports, but so does the Eurozone.

In some ways the fluctuation is a good thing, it's like going to the races full of hope and thoughts of doubling your money. Out of the hundred times I've been to the races, I think I doubled my money no more than twice, and that was at a dog track where most of the greyhounds were full of more dope than Keith Richards at a Rolling Stones concert.

I watched one come out of the stalls backwards and it still won.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice

Does anyone actually believe the reports that come out from the statistics office.
You only have to look up the real rate of inflation compared to what is reported in the CPI/RPI to know that it's all a load of crap.