Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

In Spain looking for an apartment

In Spain looking for an apartment

Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Bigfoot48 will become famous soon enoughBigfoot48 will become famous soon enough
Default In Spain looking for an apartment

Good afternoon to you all

My wife and I arrived in Madrid on the 15 Oct. we are staying at a hotel near where I work.

We are going to venture into Madrid (including The Old Town) this week end, hopefully.

From talking to colleagues at work, it seems that finding the right agent is a major challenge.

The old cliche is to ask " which agent could one trust"?

Well, I am looking on the net, I have name of one agent from a colleague but she does not answer her cell phone this afternoon so I will try her later and tomorrow.

Neither I nor my wife speak spanish. This opportunity came about rather late in the day and did not plan well for this (one year contract).

We found one chap at the Hotel reception extremely helpful with moving us to a better room and finding us a School of Spanish School nearby where we are at the moment.

We would be very grateful if any body could help with recommending agent(s), previous landlord (who hopefully undertsand a bit of English).

We look forward to hearing from you

Many thanks

With kind regards

Bigfoot
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Spain looking for an apartment

Originally Posted by Bigfoot48

My wife and I arrived in Madrid on the 15 Oct. we are staying at a hotel near where I work.

We are going to venture into Madrid (including The Old Town) this week end, hopefully.

From talking to colleagues at work, it seems that finding the right agent is a major challenge.

Well, I am looking on the net, I have name of one agent from a colleague but she does not answer her cell phone this afternoon so I will try her later and tomorrow.

Neither I nor my wife speak spanish. This opportunity came about rather late in the day and did not plan well for this (one year contract).

We found one chap at the Hotel reception extremely helpful with moving us to a better room and finding us a School of Spanish School nearby where we are at the moment.

We would be very grateful if any body could help with recommending agent(s), previous landlord (who hopefully undertsand a bit of English).

Many thanks

With kind regards

Bigfoot

Good Luck and welcome to the forum. I cannot help you but I am sure there are quite a few members who live in and around Madrid who will post soon.

Rosemary
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:56 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Good Luck and welcome to the forum. I cannot help you but I am sure there are quite a few members who live in and around Madrid who will post soon.

Rosemary
see if you can get marisol she lives in madrid and posts on here.dont know if its any use but good luck and hope you ge sorted out.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 8:29 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

May be worth looking at these people:

accommadrid

Although they're really catering for long-term students and interns, they may know of a suitable place to stay (for a fee). Plus they speak English. May be worth popping your head around the corner (well in their office). I had dealings with these people a couple of years ago, and they seemed fairly trustworthy.

A good website/agency (again I've used them in the past) is

madridrooms

They actually go around all the agencies searching for accommodation in your preferred area. So the language barrier doesn't occur. The only possible drawback is they specialize in renting rooms ie in a shared apartment. So again, may be worth contacting them to find out if they can locate a complete apartment to rent.

Anyway, good luck with your search. It will make all the difference when you're no longer stuck in the hotel room.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

With kind regards

Bigfoot

Hello Bigfoot and welcome to Madrid
Where would you like to live?
If you want, send me a PM and i will try to help you.
best regards,
marisol
Old Oct 18th 2008, 11:17 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
best regards,
marisol
This is the lady who can probably help you the most but in order to PM her you will need to do a few more posts.

Rosemary
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Bigfoot48 will become famous soon enoughBigfoot48 will become famous soon enough

best regards,
marisol
Marisol,

My place of work is in Sanchinarro.

I wonder if we could find a place somewhere between Madrid City Center and Sanchinarro. We went for a walked in and aroud Plaza de Castilla and the main road - Castellana, then onto Tatuan. nice walk on Sunday though.

Would be most grateful for any advice and help.

Many thanks

With kind regards

Bigfoot
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Oddities
This is the lady who can probably help you the most but in order to PM her you will need to do a few more posts.

Rosemary
Rosemary,

I do not understand. What do you mean? Do I have to put some questions on the site?
I think that such a forum is extremely helpful particularly for people like us -just arrived and feeling rather helpless. Things will get better, I am sure.

I think just the receipt of responses from the likes of all of you are quite heart warming - Many thanks
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Marisol,

My place of work is in Sanchinarro.

I wonder if we could find a place somewhere between Madrid City Center and Sanchinarro. We went for a walked in and aroud Plaza de Castilla and the main road - Castellana, then onto Tatuan. nice walk on Sunday though.

Would be most grateful for any advice and help.

Many thanks

With kind regards

Bigfoot
Sanchinarro is the part of Madrid that i like the most for living. The avenues are very wide and there are a lot of parks and green areas. There are several houses for rent in Sanchinarro, besides, there is public transport and you can go from there to whereever you want in just few minutes.
I am going to see the advertisement and i will tell you.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosemary,

I do not understand. What do you mean? Do I have to put some questions on the site?
I think that such a forum is extremely helpful particularly for people like us -just arrived and feeling rather helpless. Things will get better, I am sure.

I think just the receipt of responses from the likes of all of you are quite heart warming - Many thanks
Hello Bigfood,
what Rosemary wanted to tell you is that you have to post 3 times before being able to send or to receive a PM. You have already post 3 so you already can.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Hello Bigfood,
what Rosemary wanted to tell you is that you have to post 3 times before being able to send or to receive a PM. You have already post 3 so you already can.
Marisol,

I just sent you a private message. I hope I got it right.

Many thanks

Bigfoot
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Marisol,

I just sent you a private message. I hope I got it right.

Many thanks

Bigfoot
Yes, i got it and i have answered
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hello,
find enclosed a table with guiding prices in Sanchinarro. The first column match with the number of bed rooms, the other the prices during August and the next one, the prices in September
Attached Files
File Type: doc
preciossanchinarro.doc (29.5 KB, 112 views)
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:49 am
Just Joined

hello,
find enclosed a table with guiding prices in Sanchinarro. The first column match with the number of bed rooms, the other the prices during August and the next one, the prices in September
Ola Marisol,

I replied to your price guide, extremely useful, in the private message.

Great and many thanks
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Ola Marisol,

I replied to your price guide, extremely useful, in the private message.

Great and many thanks

Ola Marisoal,

I am extremely indebted to you for using your time to assist my wife and I.

I do agree that we should approach the owners rather than the agents.

Do you know where we can secure translation services (some one you may know of) to assit us with translation etc. Your recommendation is very much valued.

I am sure most owners speak English but when ones discusses contract etc then everybody including myself would feel happy to converse in the language most comfortabe.

Many many thanks

With kidn regards

Bigfoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.