Spain

Old May 18th 2019, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Caroline1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spain

I am considering moving to Spain within the next year, either to the Almeria or Valencia areas. Does anyone have advice on either of those areas and is there a thriving ex pat community as I am a single lady?
Old May 19th 2019, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain

We live for several months of the year in Mojacar Playa (Costa Almeria). Obviously, my views would be biased, so here goes:-
1. It is the region that has the warmest temperatures and least rain of the whole Mediterranean.
2. Property is cheaper there than in other Costas.
3. With the exception of two hotel complexes (3 miles apart at either end of the resort) it is low rise.
4. No Bar Street.
5. Public Display of lewd items e.g. on stag/hen nights banned and enforced. Alcohol banned on beaches.
6. Local bus service is good and cheap.
7. There are at least 3 good supermarkets within walking distance.
8. Good shopping, excellent markets nearby.
9. No fast food outlets
10. Walks are on the level with 3 miles of beaches.
11. You can have more difficult walks in the nearby countryside, if required.
12. It is a low rise resort. (Busy in July and August, but relatively quiet in the other ten months).
13. Proximity to Airports:- Almeria (45 mins); Alicante (2 hours); Murcia International (90 mins); Málaga (2 hrs 10 mins).
14. Many of the Brits there owned property in other Costas and subsequently bought in Mojacar Playa (they don't make many mistakes!).
15. Can I say anything not so good about Mojacar Playa? Yes. The local taxi service is goddawful, sorry! really goddawful.
Old May 19th 2019, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain