sound proofing

Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:14 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default sound proofing

I´m moving into a new piso tomorrow which has been reformed but the one thing it´s lacking is soundproofing on the door to the hallway. It´s a big heavy door but for some reason I can hear everything that goes on in the hallway which means everyone will be able to hear what goes on in our appartment. I need a solution to either soundproof the door or place another door inbetween the door and the salon. There´s around 1 meter of room to hang a frame and door behind the one leading to the hall but I'd prefer a way of soundproofing the main door if possible.
Any ideas?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sound proofing

Sorry I can't answer your question madridboy, but whilst on the subject does anyone have any suggestions for sound proofing and internal party wall?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 5:55 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

there are tons of ideas here
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:58 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
I´m moving into a new piso tomorrow which has been reformed but the one thing it´s lacking is soundproofing on the door to the hallway. It´s a big heavy door but for some reason I can hear everything that goes on in the hallway which means everyone will be able to hear what goes on in our appartment. I need a solution to either soundproof the door or place another door inbetween the door and the salon. There´s around 1 meter of room to hang a frame and door behind the one leading to the hall but I'd prefer a way of soundproofing the main door if possible.
Any ideas?
Probably the quickest and easiest is to fix a heavy curtain to the door.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:02 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Thats one of the first thing I noticed about houses here - all the tiles everywhere make it very "echoey" and difficult to "not hear" everything in the house. Its useful when I want to yell for a kid who's in their room, but no so good when they turn their hifi volume up!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:19 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Sound proofing in Spain? Impossible.

The main reasons: The bricks are hollow, they use concrete a lot there are no soft furnishings, especially in public areas. No suupended floors or stud partitions where you can add sound proofing.

Story: Just after we moved here. We was in the bank we heard the toilet upstairs flush. No body in the bank blinked an eye, except us. Now we are used to that sort of thing.