sorbas

Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:30 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice
Default sorbas

hi all have tried before but no feed back is there any expats who live near sorbas . im in a small village called lamela dont think any one has heard of would love to hear from any one thank you helenba.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

pencornwall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sorbas

Hi
We have just returned from looking at new build in Lamela , We like the area very much but we visited several times and there always seemed to be a cold wind , The agents said this is unusual but my wife is very concerned about this , Also how cold does it get in winter and for how long ,Any help or advise you can give would be appreciated as we are also looking at the Cariatiz area
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:39 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

hi there hope you liked lamela as muck as we do we live in england at the moment worse luck but brought are property in lamela a year ago parents visited are property last week as they live in spain i hade some pots on the out side wall they had blown off and smashed they spoke to some locals they said they had never seen any thing like it before . in the summer when its very hot around about two oclock in the afternoon you do get a lovely warm breeze towhick you are realy gratefull for my parents live in urcal and often come to lamela in the afternoons as of the warm breezes its more comfortable hope you find the property you like we used spanish farm houses in sorbas they were so help full didnot give us the hard sell and found us the property which was right for us we still pop into see them when we are there and often go out for a meal with then. We looked all over almeria but kepted going back to the same area GOOD LUCK if you need more information on the area let me know helen .
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:49 am
fed up with england

sorry you wanted to know how cold it gets in the winter december and january are the coldest not like england heavy coat but not gloves and hat weather it can snow for a couple of days in january but the sun come out in the afternoon and its lovely my parents had moro snow in urcal than lamela this year no one ever believes me when i say i does snow in spain they have had more snow than england this year we were there in feb we went down to the beach in mojacar a couple of times it was realy quite hot in the evenings it got a little bit cooler but it was ok .
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by helenba
no one ever believes me when i say i does snow in spain they have had more snow than england this year we were there in feb we went down to the beach in mojacar a couple of times it was realy quite hot in the evenings it got a little bit cooler but it was ok .
Well... there are around 30 ski resorts in Spain. In some areas of this country they had around 1 m of snow just 2 weeks ago. And of course in some areas it snows more than in England any year. It´s the altitude not the latitude.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

pencornwall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thanks for response Helenba. The property we are interested in is through Spanishfarmhouses , Trevor showed us around we thought they were very helpful. We would be living there permanently and my wife is still a bit concerned about being isolated . As we like Mojacar but cant afford a villa there but it looks as if there will be at least another 20 Houses built there within the next 12 months. did you know Glen is opening a new shop in Carbonaris this Saturday.