Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Some honesty re: house prices please

Some honesty re: house prices please

Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:53 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Question Some honesty re: house prices please

I just can't fathom it. I have been reading expat forums, spanish newspapers and even a spanish tv channel and the impression I get is that house prices are definitely falling to the same or similar degree as here in the UK (where our asking price has now dropped by almost £20 000). The problem is that any house price falls don't seem to be reflected on spanish estate agents internet sites ... most are still on at the same price as 2 or more years ago ... all very confusing To that end I've contacted 3 different estate agents in Competa and they all tell me that house prices aren't falling. I would really appreciate some honest appraisions of the market as it will seriously affect the price we could accept for ours here in the UK. Thanks.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some honesty re: house prices please

Originally Posted by JnK
I just can't fathom it. I have been reading expat forums, spanish newspapers and even a spanish tv channel and the impression I get is that house prices are definitely falling to the same or similar degree as here in the UK (where our asking price has now dropped by almost £20 000). The problem is that any house price falls don't seem to be reflected on spanish estate agents internet sites ... most are still on at the same price as 2 or more years ago ... all very confusing To that end I've contacted 3 different estate agents in Competa and they all tell me that house prices aren't falling. I would really appreciate some honest appraisions of the market as it will seriously affect the price we could accept for ours here in the UK. Thanks.
I have my house here up for sale - have spoken to many agents who all say the market here is "deader than dead" houses that are over priced are just not selling and new builds are getting cheaper

If people can afford not to reduce the price of their house thats probably why they are the same price as 2 years ago or it could be that as estate agents dont follow up clients who are selling, properties just sit on their websites for month and months and months......even after being sold by another agent.

The agents only contact you when /if they have a viewing)
Its ddefinitelya buyers market, so when you do come to buy, my advice would be to go in with a cheeky offer, you never know !!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:16 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JnK
Houses just are not selling. The same houses have been for sale for months even over a year. I am sure you could make an offer and it would be accepted. The estate agent is still hoping to find a "green one", but those days are over.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

what makes me laugh with these agents, they often suggest reducing the price but they wont consider reducing their 5% commission !!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:30 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I don't know what it is about estate agents and the parallel universe they seem to live in
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:56 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

price are down in spain but due some estate agents ( not all ) thay wont bing price down .... think off making a fast one behind you back

try some off the Spanish estate agents and you see the real prices
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:58 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
what makes me laugh with these agents, they often suggest reducing the price but they wont consider reducing their 5% commission !!!
Think you will find a lot of them, are now working on 2% or 3% as they are so desperate to sell.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:59 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spain

I worked in admin for an estate agent who were putting 17% commission
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CBANDY

WOW.........no way, that the highest I have ever heard of
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:08 pm
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jurdyr
price are down in spain but due some estate agents ( not all ) thay wont bing price down .... think off making a fast one behind you back

try some off the Spanish estate agents and you see the real prices
Where can I find some? I'll gladly use them
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:10 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

From your location we are probably talking about the agent AS who put 17% on their resales
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Some houses near us have been for sale for over 6 years and the prices have been going up and up, but never down.
I think you can guess why they haven`t sold ?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:30 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
From your location we are probably talking about the agent AS who put 17% on their resales
How did you guess????
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:38 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

How did you guess????
Lets just say I know a lot about the housing business in Spain and most people know about their criminally high comissions in the business as well Supposedly 15% goes to the company and a certain 2% into somebody`s back pocket there
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Think you will find a lot of them, are now working on 2% or 3% as they are so desperate to sell.
yes most are but a few I have had round still charge 5% and then say they havent got any clients

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.