Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Some Help Please..

Some Help Please..

Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:10 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some Help Please..

Afriend of mine living here in Gran Canaria was told he might get DLA..my mate is 65 ,he gets uk state pension and £120 Industrial injuries money a month..he was told that because he had to move to a hotter climate because of his injuries he might be able to get DLA.. when he was 63 he hurt his back in work and is 15% disabled..in winter in UK he found the pain was bad and moved to the heat.. I hope this makes sense as im 72 and find it hard to say things
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Rostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really nice
Default Re: Some Help Please..

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Afriend of mine living here in Gran Canaria was told he might get DLA..my mate is 65 ,he gets uk state pension and £120 Industrial injuries money a month..he was told that because he had to move to a hotter climate because of his injuries he might be able to get DLA.. when he was 63 he hurt his back in work and is 15% disabled..in winter in UK he found the pain was bad and moved to the heat.. I hope this makes sense as im 72 and find it hard to say things
Hi Tommy,
I believe Disabled Living Allowance IS a transferable benefit - i.e. you can still get it if you move abroad. Citizens Advice will tell you. However that might only be if he was getting it before he moved to the Canaries.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 11:02 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

you cannot get DLA if living abroad, although certain elements such as the care component are transferrable to EEA countries
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...le/DG_10012424
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...port/DG_073387

if he wasnt getting DLA before leaving the Uk he may have difficulty in getting it now
will the Industrial Injuries payment effect the DLA?
suggest he tries the links shown above and makes contact with the relevent UK authorities.

rgds
Old Aug 30th 2011, 10:27 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

He wasnt getting DLA.. but was told the rules have changed and he could get it now..was just wondering if anyone knew about this....thanks for the replys
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:17 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

He wasnt getting DLA.. but was told the rules have changed and he could get it now..was just wondering if anyone knew about this....thanks for the replys
I am sure there are some looking in and not contributing who would also be interested in the end result as it may help them, so please keep us informed
rgds
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Why wasn´t he getting it in UK? Did he not qualify, or did he not apply. Things are supposedly tightening up, so if he was worse in UK and not receiving it, I have doubts as to whether he could get it. But it's certainly worth a try, nothing to lose.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 5:55 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure that it is only availble IF he was getting it in the UK, you have to be examined by an approved doctor to get it in the UK, doubt they would send anyone out to Spain to do it. The rules have changed in that parts of it, not the mobility component, are now exportable.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:03 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

As i said he moved here for a better life as the 15% disablement is in his spine and he can walk better now in the heat.. he was told by a person on holiday that he should apply as he had to leave the UK to get away from the damp and cold that give him bad pains..Hope you understand this..
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:29 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

As i said he moved here for a better life as the 15% disablement is in his spine and he can walk better now in the heat.. he was told by a person on holiday that he should apply as he had to leave the UK to get away from the damp and cold that give him bad pains..Hope you understand this..
I'm sure WE understand...............but whether the DWP will is another matter

& even if they DO care/understand - he might still not be entitled

the only way for him to find out for sure is to ask the DWP directly, as has been said