Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Some GOOD news.

Some GOOD news.

Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:30 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Some GOOD news.

This forum has become a wee bit depressing recently (reposessions, no work etc....) so i thought i would share my couple of pieces of good news with you. (and ask a bit of advice in the process).

Here goes,

My newest addition to the family (number 2) is now due in less that a months time and we are getting really exited now.

Also,

At work last week i was in meeting after meeting with bosses etc... and although we had to lay off some staff ( never a nice thing to do) us that are left have had our jobs pretty much guaranteed for 1 year.

Now to my question.

We have been thinking about moving to the U.K. on and off for the last 3 years for various reasons. The area we live in is nice and quiet and we don`t have any problems with neighbours etc... but it is not the area i want bring my kids up in as there are absolutely no provisions for kids and young people. Do i use this year to put the house on the market and if it sells we and my job is still ok we can rent nearer my work (Los Alcazares) and see if we like living there? Or sit tight and see if the market gets any better(can`t see that happening for a few years though). I am thinking that if my job did go tits up then it would be a lot easier if we were renting rather than paying a mortgage but on the other side of the coin our house is our home and we have put a lot into it.

My goodness..... Wrighting this has got me more confused than before.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some GOOD news.

Congratulations. That IS good news. Hope all goes well.

I can't talk about the Spanish side, but for what it's worth, IMHO there is no risk of the housing market in the UK going up for at least a couple of years, maybe longer, at least in Sterling.

That does not mean that the Euro price will not increase as the Euro falls back over the next few years. As always, swings and roundabouts I am afraid.

The picture in the UK is perhaps not as black as some are painting, but you will get a better flavour in a month's time - it is company reporting season at the moment.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice

Originally Posted by CBANDY
This forum has become a wee bit depressing recently (reposessions, no work etc....) so i thought i would share my couple of pieces of good news with you. (and ask a bit of advice in the process).

Here goes,

My newest addition to the family (number 2) is now due in less that a months time and we are getting really exited now.

Also,

At work last week i was in meeting after meeting with bosses etc... and although we had to lay off some staff ( never a nice thing to do) us that are left have had our jobs pretty much guaranteed for 1 year.

Now to my question.

We have been thinking about moving to the U.K. on and off for the last 3 years for various reasons. The area we live in is nice and quiet and we don`t have any problems with neighbours etc... but it is not the area i want bring my kids up in as there are absolutely no provisions for kids and young people. Do i use this year to put the house on the market and if it sells we and my job is still ok we can rent nearer my work (Los Alcazares) and see if we like living there? Or sit tight and see if the market gets any better(can`t see that happening for a few years though). I am thinking that if my job did go tits up then it would be a lot easier if we were renting rather than paying a mortgage but on the other side of the coin our house is our home and we have put a lot into it.

My goodness..... Wrighting this has got me more confused than before.

Hi there, i think if the area you live in is definitely not somewhere that you want to bring your children up in then i personally would use the year of guaranteed employment to try selling the house. Like you say it is a lot harder when you have a mortgage and job worries than if you were renting. You don't want to be in a position this time next year where you end up losing your house completely. At least this way you would stand a chance of making some money. I understand the housing market isn't great, to say the least, but who knows what is heading Spains way the next year or so. If you are eventually going to move away i.e. for your children then why not see what kind of interest you get from putting it on the market.
Good luck with the addition number 2!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:04 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I think putting the Spanish house on the market may be a good idea. Rentals have fallen here and the house may not sell for some time. By the time anything happens all may be clear.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:10 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I think putting the Spanish house on the market may be a good idea. Rentals have fallen here and the house may not sell for some time. By the time anything happens all may be clear.
my parents live in spain almeria and talking to the locals they are holding there own regarding work and property england has been hit worse.i run my own business its very hard dont know how long i can carry on , i would hold out in spain . as for the children they will have a better life out there than in the uk .could you move to another part of spain . all the best .