Reload this Page >

Solicitor or notary to certify copies

Solicitor or notary to certify copies

Old May 12th 2017, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

AnneMette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Solicitor or notary to certify copies

Hello - I hope someone can help.
I am currently living in Spain and need a number of documents certified as being a true copy of the original, this is for applying for a visa for Australia. The documents are uni diplomas, birth certificate, English exams etc. some are from England some from Denmark but all are in English. I've tried to find a Spanish notary who can do this but I am being told that they can only certify documents in Spanish and that the documents should be certified in the country of origin. I have however previously had my Danish uni certificate verified in London. Is someone able to assist me with this, either with advice or if you know someone in Spain who is able to certify my documents. I am residing in the south of Spain (Jerez) but can also travel to Sevilla or Malaga, in June I will be going to Barcelona and I could also post the documents with recorded delivery if necessary. Thank you very much for the help
Anne
Old May 12th 2017, 5:29 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Solicitor or notary to certify copies

Any notary SHOULD be able to certify copies that they themselves make.

I really don't understand why they won't do it. It really doesn't matter what language they're in.

Ask a notary to produce a copy and to certify it.
Old May 12th 2017, 5:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2017, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneMette
I am currently living in Spain and need a number of documents certified as being a true copy of the original, this is for applying for a visa for Australia. The documents are uni diplomas, birth certificate, English exams etc. some are from England some from Denmark but all are in English. I've tried to find a Spanish notary who can do this but I am being told that they can only certify documents in Spanish and that the documents should be certified in the country of origin. I have however previously had my Danish uni certificate verified in London. Is someone able to assist me with this, either with advice or if you know someone in Spain who is able to certify my documents. I am residing in the south of Spain (Jerez) but can also travel to Sevilla or Malaga, in June I will be going to Barcelona and I could also post the documents with recorded delivery if necessary. Thank you very much for the help
Anne
This is a tricky one, I had the same problem as the Notary explained they can only certify documents in the Spanish language. The solution in my case ( I needed a Notarised letter ) was to use an official Spanish translator in Spain you can finds one on the web and then the Notary authenticated the Spanish copy not the original.
Old May 12th 2017, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this link - it explains a lot :

The Ultimate Guide on Official Translations in Spain | Torrevieja Translation
Old May 12th 2017, 6:39 pm
Banned

tuhler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
I had to get a bunch of papers certified and copied.birth ..marriage.driving..passport..criminal record uk(clean bill of health)..etc..went to the town hall where i have my padron..all done and dusted
Old May 12th 2017, 10:19 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneMette
Anne
Hola

If you don't get anywhere easily, there is an English speaking Solicitor in Conil which is not too far from you - I have no connection with this solicitor save as a satisfied customer

Temple Cambria
C/ Virgen de la Luz (corner with Calle Poniente)
11140 Conil de la Frontera,
Cádiz (SPAIN)
Tel. nos:
(+34) 956440172
(+34) 617073669
(+34) 685141968
Fax:
(+34) 956440172

Davexf