Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Soda or Oat Bread recipes

Soda or Oat Bread recipes

Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Soda or Oat Bread recipes

Does anyone have an easy to make recipe for either Soda Bread or Oat Bread, I am a complete novice when it comes to baking.
So a nice step by step guide, along with what ingredientsI need.
Manuy Thanks
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soda or Oat Bread recipes

Originally Posted by BigD
Does anyone have an easy to make recipe for either Soda Bread or Oat Bread, I am a complete novice when it comes to baking.
So a nice step by step guide, along with what ingredientsI need.
Manuy Thanks
A good place to start for any level of cooking is the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:28 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Or try Delia. http://www.deliaonline.com/
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

ah, soda bread,my favourite. here we are then:-
ingredients are..
1lb wholemeal flour,,,,,8oz white flour,,,,,1 teaspoon salt,,,,,1 teaspoon bicarb of soda,,,1oz rolled oats(optional),,,,approx. 1/2 pint buttermilk,,,,and a beaten egg to glaze(optional)...
set oven to 425f/mark 7. combine together in a bowl the flours,salt,bicarb and oats(if desired),then stir in sufficient buttermilk to make a soft dough.
turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead very(very)lightly before shaping into a round loaf. place on a buttered baking sheet and using a floured knife,slash the top with a cross.
glaze with beaten egg,if desired. bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the base. serve warm,cut into slices,with fresh butter. when all the above is done, phone me up to come and taste and give my verdict!!!!!!! bake a BIG loaf too., bon appetit..