Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It Snows in Benidorm (film)

It Snows in Benidorm (film)

Old Dec 1st 2022, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default It Snows in Benidorm (film)

I finally got to see - It Snows in Benidorm (film) the other night - attracted by Timothy Spall staring and the location and intriguing title.

But - I was totally confused at the end as to what actually happened in the plot - Has anyone seen it and care to explain??

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...overcast-drama

Old Dec 1st 2022, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It Snows in Benidorm (film)

Originally Posted by spainrico
I finally got to see - It Snows in Benidorm (film) the other night - attracted by Timothy Spall staring and the location and intriguing title.

But - I was totally confused at the end as to what actually happened in the plot - Has anyone seen it and care to explain??

I watched it a couple of months ago as I thought with Timothy Spall in it then it would be a good film. I was disappointed with it very poor film and I hadn't really much of a clue what it was about throughout. Very odd film I thought.
Old Dec 1st 2022, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

So not just me then....and I didn't like the stereotyping of the Spanish - taxi drivers IMO do not rip you off and yes Spanish food is different to UK. Disappointing...
Old Dec 1st 2022, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just watched the film and can't see where any confusion comes from.......
The plot was that he was trying to find his brother in Benidorm and found that his brother had done a runner with some money. Timothy Spall sat on the beach at the end working out his options.
A very poor quality film and storyline. Not a film i would recommend to anyone.

Steve
Old Dec 1st 2022, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
I've just watched the film and can't see where any confusion comes from.......
The plot was that he was trying to find his brother in Benidorm and found that his brother had done a runner with some money. Timothy Spall sat on the beach at the end working out his options.
A very poor quality film and storyline. Not a film i would recommend to anyone.

Steve
I just found it a dull film to be fair
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hola Tebo - thanks for replying - yes I agree and you have outlined the basic plot - perhaps (wrongly) I was looking for more because -

1. Why did a metal detectorist find the brother's watch in the sand on the beach?

2. Why was the policewoman having a fling with the brother's flat caretaker?

I thought these two things made the plot a bit deeper?
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Lefty2021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did the film show many recognisable places in Benidorm and was Benidorm shown in a positive or negative way?
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I would say yes there were recognisable scenes but (I have lived in Spain 22 years so very pro-Spain) I thought some scenes were a bit negative ie the attempted taxi driver overcharging/rip off (which is ridiculous because the fare is clearly shown on a meter which I know (Spanish brother in law is a taxi driver) is strictly controlled.)

But we all know the film world takes liberties - just wish I really understood the plot still convinced there was more to it!
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hola Tebo - thanks for replying - yes I agree and you have outlined the basic plot - perhaps (wrongly) I was looking for more because -

1. Why did a metal detectorist find the brother's watch in the sand on the beach?

2. Why was the policewoman having a fling with the brother's flat caretaker?

I thought these two things made the plot a bit deeper?
Another question could be:
Why did we keep getting closeup shots of the cleaning lady and her strange looks? Made me think she was involved but she wasn't......

I think the plot was that thin that anything was added to the storyline to pad it out!!

Most of the nightlife scenes were on Brit square and the daytime scenes were along Poniente beach areas.

Nearly everywhere was recognisable.

I don't think that they portrayed Benidorm in either way, positive or negative.

Steve
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes good point about the cleaning lady! She probably knows all! Is she on the forum?!
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tebo53
Another question could be:
Why did we keep getting closeup shots of the cleaning lady and her strange looks? Made me think she was involved but she wasn't......

I think the plot was that thin that anything was added to the storyline to pad it out!!

Most of the nightlife scenes were on Brit square and the daytime scenes were along Poniente beach areas.

Nearly everywhere was recognisable.

I don't think that they portrayed Benidorm in either way, positive or negative.

Steve
I too was confused by the cleaning lady and thought she must have knowledge or be involved in the brothers disappearance. I have never visited Benidiorm so can't comment on scenes used. If there is a sequel I think I will give it a miss.