Snow in Spain

Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:27 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Snow in Spain

Just seen the news that 30 areas in Spain are on alert for heavy snow falls. Who's in these areas and who is/isn't looking forward to it?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:28 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snow in Spain

http://www.rtvcyl.es/fichaNoticia.cf...B387CA216298FA
looks so pretty, feels so damn cold.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

just looked at the mountains opposite our village and they are covered in snow. they don't usually have snow on there until mid jan and then through february,so looks as if it is going to be a long and cold winter.
wrap up warm when you go out like i did tonight,,,three layers,scarf,overcoat,leather gloves and a warm husky for company. then watch you don't slip.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:44 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Well I got the warm husky Just need the snow.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:03 pm
Yaaarp

There was a very chilly wind on my way home from work today. Tonight I'm having the GSD on my side of the bed, OH can have the Labrador.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:46 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
There was a very chilly wind on my way home from work today. Tonight I'm having the GSD on my side of the bed, OH can have the Labrador.
It's still rare to have snow settle in Madrid city though (maybe once a year)? Looks great on the surrounding hills (some great views from the north of Madrid), but at least you're spared the stuff in the city streets. The slush that turns to ice and back again is horrible. As for the general cold of winter, maybe a glass of anis de Chinchon to warm your inner snowman?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:12 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
It's still rare to have snow settle in Madrid city though
You're not kidding, I looked in disbelief last January when I awoke and saw the snow. I'd only been in Madrid 2 months and after spending the last 3 years in Benidorm area I was amazed at how cold it gets here in winter.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:36 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

We have some , but only in the high mountains.
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/galicia...3316971894.htm
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/fotos/2...3075471288.htm
But I personally would not write home about it as it does not seem so much....yet
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

The first year I lived in Córdoba it snowed in the city centre for the first time in 36 years.

The 2nd year it snowed again.

There wasn't a third year. I moved.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:43 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Although we live on the coast, winter has now arrived. It’s funny, it’s almost an overnight change. The shorts are put away and the long trousers are back in the wardrobe, the carpets are down, the windows are shut overnight and both the dogs and ourselves were all shivering earlier. The expensive heaters take ages to warm the place up.

Yet the sun was out all day and the temperature’s still at 13 degrees. I blame Spain, it makes softies out of us northern Europeans. Our skins might have become browner, but they’ve got thinner at the same time.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:04 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I saw snow twice this year in Madrid. Jan and Feb. In Jan we were delayed for 6 hours because of ice on the runway.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:21 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

I am probably the most northern and there's no snow up here (yet).

I know someone who has driven from Castrillon to Asturias today and he said it was snowing in Leon.

Brrrr - it is cold up here though.

Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
I am probably the most northern and there's no snow up here (yet).

I know someone who has driven from Castrillon to Asturias today and he said it was snowing in Leon.

Brrrr - it is cold up here though.

Well gotta remember geography is important to climate as well not just latitude. Northwest Spain has a British Isles climate and the interior is more continental plus you gotta factor in elevation differences and Spain's land differs a lot in elevation from low plains to highlands in like 80% of the country.

Anyway, how much does it snow in the interior? I want to live in Spain after I graduate from university here and wanna live in places like Madrid, Extremadura, C-L, C-LM, and Navarra

Last edited by chrisfromusa; Nov 30th 2009 at 8:32 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:18 pm
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
I want to live in Spain after I graduate from university here and wanna live in places like Madrid, Extremadura, C-L, C-LM, and Navarra
Might be a bit liberal and left wing for you over here, you are aware there are free thinking people and gays in Spain! Maybe you could run for Presidency and take off where Franco left off.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Might be a bit liberal and left wing for you over here, you are aware there are free thinking people and gays in Spain! Maybe you could run for Presidency and take off where Franco left off.
Oh well I'm sure if the Catholics in Spain can cope with it I'll be fine living in a small commuter town

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.