Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Small claims courts in Spain?

Small claims courts in Spain?

Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Small claims courts in Spain?

I wish to make a claim agaist a garage here in Spain for their mistakes which ammounted to me being unjustly charged an additional 200,00 euro on top of repairs,:curse:

Anyone done this? how do you go about it? is it worth it?

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:48 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small claims courts in Spain?

Have you exhausted all other routes first? eg hoja de reclamaciones?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Have you exhausted all other routes first? eg hoja de reclamaciones?
No, Dont know of any routes at all, please explain
Old Jul 19th 2008, 10:54 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

The first step if you have a complaint is to request the complaints "book" at the establishment. You fill in a complaint form (hoja de reclamaciones). The establishment has a space to add their own comments. This is a triplicate form - the original (white) goes to the local consumers office, you keep the green and the establishment keeps the pink copy. If, within a reasonable amount of time (1 month I think) the matter has not been resolved you then can take your issue to the Oficina Municipal de InformaciĆ³n al Consumidor (OMIC) which every town hall has (sometimes on a part time basis).
Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:27 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

you can rent the Irish lads and we go down sort it out for you , will give you momeys worth
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jurdyr
you can rent the Irish lads and we go down sort it out for you , will give you momeys worth

Youd have to be Irish to come to Spain just to collect 200,00 euro

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:00 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rotor

Rgds

Rotor
ya i do that lol
Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:26 am
Just Joined

mojo51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
The first step if you have a complaint is to request the complaints "book" at the establishment. You fill in a complaint form (hoja de reclamaciones). The establishment has a space to add their own comments. This is a triplicate form - the original (white) goes to the local consumers office, you keep the green and the establishment keeps the pink copy. If, within a reasonable amount of time (1 month I think) the matter has not been resolved you then can take your issue to the Oficina Municipal de InformaciĆ³n al Consumidor (OMIC) which every town hall has (sometimes on a part time basis).
hi only joined this site today but it looks like someone may be able to help me here regarding the hoja de reclamacion proceedure i wont go into details but i have someone threatening me with this proceedure i have only been here for 3 months so dont know the system yet.is it up to the person making the complaint to prove that im at fault ?and does anyone know exactley the proceedure thanks mojo
Old Aug 24th 2008, 9:15 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I bet that Fred will be able to answer fully on this one.
But we can fill in a few points. All of this information has been gained from our gestoriar. Every business in Spain should hold hoja de reclamacions. And every customer should be allowed access to your forms if there is a problem. If not they can write a letter to the Junta (we think) and start the procedure that way. If you do not have the forms or you do not allow the complainant to use them you could end up with a fine. It may not stand you in good stead if the complaint is looked into either.
So maybe you should talk to your gestoriar too and find out what to do.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

mojo51 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your reply as im new here i dont know who fred is anyone who think they can help me or direct me to website ect please respond thank you mojo
Old Aug 24th 2008, 6:19 pm
Structural Surveyor

Some info here
http://www.consumer.es/web/es/econom...004/07/21/.php
http://www.consumer.es/web/es/econom...004/12/22/.php
http://www.elmundo.es/sudinero/noticias/act-144-06.html
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:13 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rotor

Rgds

Rotor

Yep and they always have a little bit of the old tarmac left over to do your path very cheap en all en all