Small Business

Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Kittywhisp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Small Business

I have been living in Spain for the last 10 years most of that time I have been employed but for the last 2 years I was on the paro. (Just to give you some back ground)

I am looking at starting a small online business where I will be expecting to make about 100 euros a month to start with. Do I need to be autonimo to do this. I have read that there are special prices if you are under 35 that enable you to pay 60 for the first 6 months, 120 for the next 6 months, then 180 and eventually 270.

But is it really necesary to pay this just for such a small online business. I wouldn´t even make enough to cover the ss payments. Is there not a modular system or something that allows you to pay social security or tax just on what you make every month?

Or is it possible to do the company through the UK instead of Spain as its cheaper there to set up a business.

Any advice would be so gratefully accepted as I really am runnning out of options for staying here.

Thank you
Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small Business

Originally Posted by Kittywhisp
I have been living in Spain for the last 10 years most of that time I have been employed but for the last 2 years I was on the paro. (Just to give you some back ground)

I am looking at starting a small online business where I will be expecting to make about 100 euros a month to start with. Do I need to be autonimo to do this. I have read that there are special prices if you are under 35 that enable you to pay 60 for the first 6 months, 120 for the next 6 months, then 180 and eventually 270.

But is it really necesary to pay this just for such a small online business. I wouldn´t even make enough to cover the ss payments. Is there not a modular system or something that allows you to pay social security or tax just on what you make every month?

Or is it possible to do the company through the UK instead of Spain as its cheaper there to set up a business.

Any advice would be so gratefully accepted as I really am runnning out of options for staying here.

Thank you
Yes you will need to register as autonomo and pay the appropriate social security patients

As long as you are resident in Spain, it must be done in Spain

Like you say, you get a discounted rate in the first 2 years to give you time to get the business up and running
Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
Yes you will need to register as autonomo and pay the appropriate social security patients

As long as you are resident in Spain, it must be done in Spain

Like you say, you get a discounted rate in the first 2 years to give you time to get the business up and running
So it is right that I get the discount? If that's the case then that is great. It's just when I asked one accountant here she said she had never heard of that but I read it in several places online.

would you happen to know what this is called?
Old Jan 18th 2016, 2:38 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Yes if you have not been autonomo before, then you are entitled to the discount. It works on a sliding scale from about 60€ per month (depending on your age and the type of business) up to the maximum after about 2 years.

Just ask at your local INSS.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Yes if you have not been autonomo before, then you are entitled to the discount. It works on a sliding scale from about 60€ per month (depending on your age and the type of business) up to the maximum after about 2 years.

Just ask at your local INSS.
Thank you snikpoh. 😊
Old Jan 18th 2016, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kittywhisp
So it is right that I get the discount? If that's the case then that is great. It's just when I asked one accountant here she said she had never heard of that but I read it in several places online.

would you happen to know what this is called?
I would ditch your accountant

The "bonificaciones" have been widely publicised. She must live in a cave

You get 75% off the first 6 months, 50% off the next 6 months and 25% off the following 6 months
Old Jan 18th 2016, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
I would ditch your accountant

The "bonificaciones" have been widely publicised. She must live in a cave

You get 75% off the first 6 months, 50% off the next 6 months and 25% off the following 6 months
Thank you. Luckily I haven't actually gone with her as an accountant yet so I think I will look for a different one.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

tabbicat is an unknown quantity at this point

This article may be useful for you - although it refers to being autonomo in Barcelona, it's probably the same or similar throughout Spain: How to work freelance in Barcelona - (barcelona-metropolitan.com)
Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much tabbicat. That is very useful. 😊