Old May 2nd 2009, 12:35 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Skype

Just a bit of info for people who do not know. If you have broadband at home you can now make unlimited calls to any european landline with Skype for 5,69 euros per month. I have also bought a Skype dual phone which plugs into my router and also my landline so I can switch between both and my Skype is always connected even if the computer is switched off.

Now for the clever bit.

I can buy a uk telephone number for 20 euros per year and anyone calling me from the uk only pays a local call rate.

I am well impressed. Might be usefull for some of you out there.
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:41 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice
Default Re: Skype

You could purchased Skype comparable mobiles, you then get free calls between the phones.

You can download to your mobile here

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/mobile/

or buy a mobile like this here

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/SearchPage.aspx
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:43 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by livit
You could purchased Skype comparable mobiles, you then get free calls between the phones.

You can download to your mobile here

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/mobile/

or buy a mobile like this here

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/SearchPage.aspx
I have the iphone with the skype app. Works great but obviously only in wi fi areas (like my house)
Old May 2nd 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant future

I have used Skype for about 3 years now and find it saves loads of money on calls.

Lot's of friends and family have it too, thanks to me bullying them to get it.

Amazingly though, there are so many people using the conventional telephone way of communicating, you would think in these tight times people would look to save every penny.

Mike.
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I use voipcheap and get the calls free though my PC and use my own landline phone, but pay a 5 cents connection fee. ;-)
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:09 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
I can buy a uk telephone number for 20 euros per year and anyone calling me from the uk only pays a local call rate.
That's expensive. I got mine free from www.ukxpat.com
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fred James
Yes I thought Skype is free.
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:18 pm
Family man

But you pay for your calls right?
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

But that only transfers calls from a UK number to your own existing telephone number. I think livit means that with a Skype-in number the call is received directly by Skype.
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:59 pm
Family man

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
But that only transfers calls from a UK number to your own existing telephone number. I think livit means that with a Skype-in number the call is received directly by Skype.
Correct. My parents are on the completley wrong tarrif in the uk and it costs them a fortune to call me but I cant get them to change it. Thats why this will work out really well for them. (not looking forward trying to explain to them why I have a Glasgow phone number when i live in Spain)
Old May 2nd 2009, 7:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Yes that's right but it only works if you have a dual phone or Skype on all the time and you're at your PC.

It's good if you are travelling and always online but not so useful otherwise.

The system I use means that the caller just gets connected to your home phone rather than have to worry about whether you will pick up the call.
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I have a number with ukxpat.com as well. I don't pay for a Skype-in number but it is handy if you have a wireless connection and don't want to pay extra for a Spanish number.

Actually, you can do the same with Sipgate and the number is free but, as you say, you can only receive a call whilst the computer is on or if you have a USB 'phone.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:59 am
Family man

One question? Can I use my skype phone to call setanta sports for a subscription without them knowing I am in Spain?
Old May 4th 2009, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by CBANDY
One question? Can I use my skype phone to call setanta sports for a subscription without them knowing I am in Spain?
I have called Sky a number of times via Skype with no problems so I assume there will be no problem with Setanta.
Old May 4th 2009, 10:08 am
Family man

I have called Sky a number of times via Skype with no problems so I assume there will be no problem with Setanta.
Thats what I like to hear. You can subscribe to Setanta online but as i have a sky box with no card I think you have to phone them to get them to send a card to you.

Cheers Fred.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.