Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light
Default SKYPE

Does anyone else have this, we use it all the time and its great, we speak to our friends in Spain about 3 times a week pc to pc of course and it does'nt cost us a penny, and we probably would'nt have kept in touch as much as we do and have ended up buying in Spain because of it.
You should all try it out takes 10 mins to download and fill in all the info and your away.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:40 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SKYPE

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
Does anyone else have this, we use it all the time and its great, we speak to our friends in Spain about 3 times a week pc to pc of course and it does'nt cost us a penny, and we probably would'nt have kept in touch as much as we do and have ended up buying in Spain because of it.
You should all try it out takes 10 mins to download and fill in all the info and your away.
There is also Voip Cheap etc and that works the same. Some people have had a problem with both of them regarding making payments using a UK credit card. We could not get Skype to accept a UK credit card on a Spanish address but Voip Cheap did and someone else on here had the same experience but the other way around.

Rosemary
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

I have heard that you can buy skype vouchers in major post offices in Spain a bit like top up cards for mobile phones,I hope you can as we want to keep in touch with all our friends and family in the uk.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:53 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

I use Voip Buster which is the same as Voip Cheap I think. I find them far superior to Skype - heard too many bad stories about them
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

I have never had any probs with SKYPE at all but we will see when we get to Spain and I dont really want to change as all my friends and family have all my skype details.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
There is also Voip Cheap etc and that works the same. Some people have had a problem with both of them regarding making payments using a UK credit card. We could not get Skype to accept a UK credit card on a Spanish address but Voip Cheap did and someone else on here had the same experience but the other way around.

Rosemary
used skype for a while but some relatives dont have a pc so now use voip cheap for all my UK calls - only probs we have had a couple of times is echo on the line echo on the line echo on the line

I prefer using direct call ( costs 5c to connect but the call to UK landlines is free)

cant fault it
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
I use Voip Buster which is the same as Voip Cheap I think. I find them far superior to Skype - heard too many bad stories about them
we use that too...........we especially like that you can phone an ordinary phone
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

I used Voip Cheap, but even though I was in credit they started charging 1p a minute. Iv'e now changed to Voip Stunt.

It's great to be able to call landlines around the world for free and mobiles at a much cheaper rate.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:57 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I use Skype & sightspeed
My wife plays on line scrabble and can speak to the person shes playing with face to face
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

so where do you buy yr skype out credit from, as I have noticed you live in Valencia, and people are saying its really hard to get credit when your in Spain.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

torie is an unknown quantity at this point

so where do you buy yr skype out credit from, as I have noticed you live in Valencia, and people are saying its really hard to get credit when your in Spain.
Am I missing something here? I buy my Skype credit from Skype. Online. I didn't even know you could buy vouchers. Seems odd to me to buy something like physical vouchers for a virtual telephony product!

But perhaps I'm missing something.. apologies!

t0rie
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:32 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torie
Am I missing something here? I buy my Skype credit from Skype. Online. I didn't even know you could buy vouchers. Seems odd to me to buy something like physical vouchers for a virtual telephony product!

But perhaps I'm missing something.. apologies!

t0rie
Same here. Don't really see what the problem is.

Downloading the software is free, calling from skype to skype is free and never had any problems with the connections and then just use our credit card for skype credit when we're calling landlines or texting, etc.

Martha
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Why pay for calls to landlines with Skype when they're free with Voip - cheap/buster/stunt etc.?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derek500
Why pay for calls to landlines with Skype when they're free with Voip - cheap/buster/stunt etc.?
Surely you have to pay to call a landlinein the UK from Spain?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I only interact with other skpe users, but personally I have never heard of anyone getting skype credit for land lines other than from the Skpe web site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.