British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Sky Sports 4 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/sky-sports-4-a-685291/)

The Pope Sep 14th 2010 9:10 am

Sky Sports 4

Hi, typical, the game is on sky sports 4 tonight, and i always get no satellite being received on this channel.

Does anyone know if there is a different H/Z setting for this channel I can put in manually to get SS4?

Gracias!

The Pope Sep 14th 2010 1:15 pm

Re: Sky Sports 4

Originally Posted by The Pope (Post 8846930)
Hi, typical, the game is on sky sports 4 tonight, and i always get no satellite being received on this channel.

Does anyone know if there is a different H/Z setting for this channel I can put in manually to get SS4?

Gracias!

Anyone? Please... wheres the guy when you need him!:huh:

lynnxa Sep 14th 2010 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by The Pope (Post 8847380)
Anyone? Please... wheres the guy when you need him!:huh:

on a roof somewhere?

The Pope Sep 14th 2010 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 8847449)
on a roof somewhere?

:rofl: i was going to say "up a ladder"

michaleen oge Sep 14th 2010 2:47 pm

I will be watching the game tonight on my laptop. I am very lucky in that I have a good internet connection and streaming is nearly perfect every time. I can watch any game I want and on Saturdays am spoilt for choice...
try www.iraqgoals.net or www.myp2p.eu or google for free football streaming torrents...good luck.:)

The Pope Sep 14th 2010 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by michaleen oge (Post 8847565)
I will be watching the game tonight on my laptop. I am very lucky in that I have a good internet connection and streaming is nearly perfect every time. I can watch any game I want and on Saturdays am spoilt for choice...
try www.iraqgoals.net or www.myp2p.eu or google for free football streaming torrents...good luck.:)

Think i might be doing the same, cheers!

The Guy Sep 14th 2010 4:41 pm

Both correct - up ladders on a roof!

Sky Sports 4 is on an astra north beam...(bet you struggle with SSNews and Eurosport2 also - also on north beams!)
It IS NOT available on any other frequency other than the one that gets it on Sky 404.
The north beams are weakest around 5pm.
Even on some 2.4m dishes can struggle to get the north beams 24/7.
So if you have a small dish, then you will struggle even more - where I am I can get SS4 on my 80cm dish from about 12midnigh to 12noon only.

The Pope Sep 15th 2010 10:29 am

Originally Posted by The Guy (Post 8847856)
Both correct - up ladders on a roof!

Sky Sports 4 is on an astra north beam...(bet you struggle with SSNews and Eurosport2 also - also on north beams!)
It IS NOT available on any other frequency other than the one that gets it on Sky 404.
The north beams are weakest around 5pm.
Even on some 2.4m dishes can struggle to get the north beams 24/7.
So if you have a small dish, then you will struggle even more - where I am I can get SS4 on my 80cm dish from about 12midnigh to 12noon only.

Thanks... i didnt get any signal ! and guess what the red button games were all on SS4 :thumbdown:

michaleen oge Sep 15th 2010 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by The Pope (Post 8849805)
Thanks... i didnt get any signal ! and guess what the red button games were all on SS4 :thumbdown:

If you didn't watch the match,mate,you didn't miss much. Eleven jock goal-keepers against the ghost of Manchester United....
I got a perfect stream for the match,but with Arabic commentary. No problem with that "yabbadabba falafel Rooney" or "yabbadabba falafel Fletcher" so I could follow it perfectly well. Unfortunately it was a non-event..:(

The Pope Sep 15th 2010 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by michaleen oge (Post 8850049)
If you didn't watch the match,mate,you didn't miss much. Eleven jock goal-keepers against the ghost of Manchester United....
I got a perfect stream for the match,but with Arabic commentary. No problem with that "yabbadabba falafel Rooney" or "yabbadabba falafel Fletcher" so I could follow it perfectly well. Unfortunately it was a non-event..:(

The United game was on SS2, i wanted to watch the Germans take on Spurs on SS4....

United werent good to watch... I suffered that instead :eek: