Sky Satellite

Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

cherie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Satellite

Are there any further discussions regards Sky Satellite, on this Site, since 2005? If not, then I wonder why not........maybe because, those with vested interests on this Site do not wish it to be known that Sky Satellite is LEGAL...... through the right channels. Sorry, don't have time to trawl all your discussions.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

cherie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Satellite

No, can't find last thread posted within 5 minutes, about Sky Satellite.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Satellite

Maybe because the above post is in the Siesta Time Sub-forum? Your other post is in the Spain general forum.
There are numerous posts on here about receiving Sky.
Regards
Tim
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Explain what you are trying to say ?
I assume you mean here ?

Although it is available in most European countries, you can only legally receive Sky in the UK due to licencing restrictions.
They will supply the kit for it as they are breaking no law, it is you breaking the law by receiving it.

Please only post one thread on the subject.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:44 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherie
Are there any further discussions regards Sky Satellite, on this Site, since 2005? If not, then I wonder why not........maybe because, those with vested interests on this Site do not wish it to be known that Sky Satellite is LEGAL...... through the right channels. Sorry, don't have time to trawl all your discussions.
Vested interests?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:18 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Vested interests?

Confused me too
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:44 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really understand what this thread is about but I had sky in spain for years, I don't think its illegal I just don't think sky like people in Spain to view. Although the tv stations know that they do as people ring in from spain on gmtv and the wright stuff etc reguarly.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:51 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
I don't really understand what this thread is about but I had sky in spain for years, I don't think its illegal I just don't think sky like people in Spain to view. Although the tv stations know that they do as people ring in from spain on gmtv and the wright stuff etc reguarly.

Firstly I apologise for disagreeing

SKY is illegal as SKY don't have a licence to broadcast in Spain
I foy had rung SKY and mentioned you were in Spain, they would have cut you off immediately
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

She probably sells Sky and is trying to promote it.

Sky only have a licence to transmit in the UK, that is why you have to have a UK address.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Firstly I apologise for disagreeing

SKY is illegal as SKY don't have a licence to broadcast in Spain
I foy had rung SKY and mentioned you were in Spain, they would have cut you off immediately

I just worry about all the people that buy sky products in spain for quite a large sum of money 800-1000E to install, and then don't even have proper viewing cards.
I had my sky installed in England then had it sent over, I bought a dish in Spain, in all it cost about 250E I then paid sky monthly for my channels. That was a long time ago tho, maybe 2002.
Even tho sky don't want people to view in spain they still know that they do, as they are always mentioning viewers in spain on tv programs, ie gmtv.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by jdr
She probably sells Sky and is trying to promote it.

Sky only have a licence to transmit in the UK, that is why you have to have a UK address.
oh I see!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:46 am
Senior Moment

I
Even tho sky don't want people to view in spain they still know that they do, as they are always mentioning viewers in spain on tv programs, ie gmtv.
Oh yes of course they do, for as I mentioned earlier they stand to lose a lot of revenue if they actually did shut down all the spanish subscribers. Thats why I'm guessing they avoid the issue whenever they can
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Oh yes of course they do, for as I mentioned earlier they stand to lose a lot of revenue if they actually did shut down all the spanish subscribers. Thats why I'm guessing they avoid the issue whenever they can

I wonder if it has anything to do with spanish tv companies? if sky were allowed to broadcast british tv in spain it might affect the spanish digital tv. Maybe!
I can't understand why sky wouldn't want to make more money, there has to be a clause!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:50 am
Senior Moment

I wonder if it has anything to do with spanish tv companies? if sky were allowed to broadcast british tv in spain it might affect the spanish digital tv. Maybe!
I can't understand why sky wouldn't want to make more money, there has to be a clause!
You have it in one ....... pressure from the Spanish TV authorities / government

I'm not even sure if SKY have the option to buy licencing for Spain, anyone know?

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jul 12th 2007 at 10:50 am. Reason: spollong
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Sky would love to, but can't legally make money from subscribers outside the UK, just the same as it is illegal to subscribe to Sogecable (D+) from outside Spain.
When Sky buy their content from the program makers, film distributors etc, they pay only for the right to broadcast them within the UK, not Europe -wide.
The program makers, film distributors etc will then approach other tv providers and sell the same content for broadcast in their country.

This stops meglomaniacs such as Murdoch:curse: from ruling the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.