Sky reset

Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:18 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sky reset

Hi,

Can someone remind me how to reset Sky box using remote control.

For a Danish friend. If you do not have UK address, where is best place to get a card?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:50 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky reset

Sky boxes are reset by unplugging from the power, waiting for 30 seconds, and reapplying power.

I assume you mean the buttons to help the box boot up by changing the default boot frequency to another (12129v, 12207v, etc)

On SD boxes:
services, 4, 0, 1, select, 2, input frequency, save, sky button, date and time appear, 998 appears.

On HD boxes:
services, 0, 0, 1, select, Default Trp, input frequency, save, sky button, date and time appear, 998 appears.

Or do you mean resetting the hard drive on Sky+ boxes...via the services 401 menu and full reset.

Or do you mean formatting the hard drive via the left and right and select buttons on the front of the box when reconnecting power to the box

If you dont have access at all to a UK address, then dealers / agents will charge a yearly fee for borrowing a UK address...these range from 100 to 200 euros a year.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:47 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your prompt response. I meant reset to default transponder on an SD box I have advised my Danish friend:
Using the remote cotrol press services, then press 4 then 0 then 1 then 2, input 12129 and save. You can receive free to air channels without a card, but if you want more channels, movies etc you would need a monthly subscription card.
I hope that is correct?

I have sent them a link to your website. http://www.satandpcguy.com/
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:18 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

The quote you posted is not 100%
It is services, 4, 0, 1, SELECT, 2, frequency, save.

Nothing actually happens on the screen when you press 0 and 1, until the select it pressed.

This link has the instructions and video on the process.
http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/sky_...anca_spain.php

Yes. There are about 200 free to air channels that you can receive on the UK TV satellite with no sky card...these include all BBC channels, that have not needed a viewing card at all for the last 8 plus years!

a nonsubscription "freesatfromsky" card unlocks some ITV1 regions, irish c4s, five, fiver, five*, sony tv, motors tv, pick tv, viva tv and LFCTV and associated timeshifts.

For all other channels (Dave, Sky SPorts etc), then subscrption car is requried.

Last edited by The Guy; Jul 24th 2011 at 11:22 am.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 11:52 am
Started off with nothing

Many thanks