Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky replacement card

Sky replacement card

Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:20 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sky replacement card

I have the replace card message. If I get a £20 free to air card, do I need to pair this to the box?

Many Thanks
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:56 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky replacement card

If you are eligable for a FREE replacement card, then the card hsouldbe preactivated and work in your box straigth away.

If you have to purchase a new card from Sky for £20, then the card will not be activated, and will be required to be activated, by contacting sky, in your sky box once you receive the card.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 12:59 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your prompt response. I have an old ex subscription card, I have checked the number and I am not elidgeable for a replacement.

I was intending to get a new £20 card sent to my UK address. Can I register it in UK then bring it to spain or do I have to pair it to the box in spain?
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:15 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment, a FSFS card activated in another SKy box will work for the FSFS card channels in another Sky receiver. (I say at the moment as it is unknown what may happen when Sky totally move to the new software / encryption)

BUt if you can activate it in your own sky box (the one the card will be used in) that is always best.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:35 pm
Started off with nothing

Thanks again for the info.

I have a box at my UK address, so it would be easier to do it there but I shall do as you suggest and activate in spain box, phoning sky via skype to activate card.

I seem to recall some discussion, is it possible to activate card using menu i.e. without phoning sky?
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:52 pm

Only if your box (and card) are connected to a UK phone line, and you perform a new installation (services, 4, 0, 1, select, 6).

And, although this definately works for SUBSCTRIPTION cards, I do not know if it works with FSFS cards.