sky plus

Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:15 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default sky plus

hi, i am in uk at the mo. can anybody tell me if i can buy a sky plus unit in uk and use it in spain. I only have a free view card.
thanks, pat
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sky plus

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
hi, i am in uk at the mo. can anybody tell me if i can buy a sky plus unit in uk and use it in spain. I only have a free view card.
thanks, pat

Our SKY + box from the UK works here fine, although the sat man who re fitted it here said that he has a lot of the boxes fail over here, but I think thats just inherent in the standard SKY box that SKY supply.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

frankcoleman is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, pat
Yes ours works just fine. The main problems with them I believe is the power surges but there isn't much we can do about them!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankcoleman
Yes ours works just fine. The main problems with them I believe is the power surges but there isn't much we can do about them!
Except buy a power surge protector
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

frankcoleman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Except buy a power surge protector
Valid point but some of them still melt (great power in the south lol)
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:44 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Our SKY + box from the UK works here fine, although the sat man who re fitted it here said that he has a lot of the boxes fail over here, but I think thats just inherent in the standard SKY box that SKY supply.
The quality of SKY + boxes has had quite a lot of coverage on the BBC programme Watchdog, seems some people have had up to 5 fail and have to be replaced, if you've got one that works, keep it.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:38 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

thanks for your replies BUT..I have a sky freeview card...... now... can I still buy a sky plus box here in UK and take it out to spain and use it with the free view card, I dont want to buy one if its no good with this card.I dont have a subscription with sky.
thanks, pat
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:52 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

thanks for your replies BUT..I have a sky freeview card...... now... can I still buy a sky plus box here in UK and take it out to spain and use it with the free view card, I dont want to buy one if its no good with this card.I dont have a subscription with sky.
thanks, pat
Don't know to much about this, we have pink and blue jobs in our house and this is a blue job. We brought our sky box with us (no subscription with sky) we had a small dish on the roof left by the previous owners and we picked up very limited English speaking channels, (not the main ones) lots of Germany and some Spanish as we were not living here full time that suited us fine.

Once we moved here we invested in the biggest satellite dish you could imagine and bought the basic sky card from the man who fitted up the dish
(90 euros for the card). We receive enough channels to keep us happy as we are not great TV watchers. I do not think your free to view card will work here certainly not without a dish. If I am wrong I am sure some one will correct me.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:54 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that a Sky + box will not work as a recorder unless you either pay Sky £10/mth or have a premium subscription.

Without it, it behaves just like an ordinary Digibox.

Can someone confirm that?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:04 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a DVD recorder, cheap as chips now.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:37 am
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fred James
I was under the impression that a Sky + box will not work as a recorder unless you either pay Sky £10/mth or have a premium subscription.

The sky+ box uses a hard drive to record; and the workings of it are all just electronics. It works because the double LNB brings in two separate signals, so you can either stop/start the action or watch one program while you record another.

The subscriptions are just for the two lots of signal you are using - the card says what programs you can watch.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:07 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

I may be missing something, but why on earth would you want Sky here ????????
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
I may be missing something, but why on earth would you want Sky here ????????

Ooo!!!!. Now you've done it Get yer tin hat on
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fred James

They've just dropped the £10 subscription for non-premium subscribers. The box has full functionality now for all subscribers (min £15/month package).

It won't have Sky+ fuctionality with a Freesat card.

I've got an original 2001 Sky+ box, still going strong, although I did put an 80gb hard drive in last year when the original 40gb one went kaput!!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by big wheels
Ooo!!!!. Now you've done it Get yer tin hat on
1. To watch golf. Spanish golf coverage is woeful. A couple of weeks ago Teledeportes (a Spanish freeview channel) covered the Spanish Ladies Open from Castellón.

Tee shot, quick ad break, ball landing!!

Long put, quick ad break, ball in hole!!

2. Too many more reasons to mention...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.