Sky Falls In

Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:25 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sky Falls In

....On Andy Gray at least after his sexist remarks about a female official were recorded and broadcast, and now the last straw,caught behaving like a dirty old man in the TV studio.
I can't see todays no.1 football commentator coming back after this one.
Some love him, some hate him,either way maybe we're due for a break from him anyway.
It was nice to see the lady in question put in a good performance and leave him with egg on his chin.
All sorts of crazy estimates regarding the size of his pay packet, but being a Jock he'll likely have enough stashed away by now to spend the rest of his life on a sunny beach admiring alternative talent.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ray-sacked-sky
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:04 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Falls In

For some reason I couldn't hear what was being said in the second incident.

As for the first one, fair enough, the guy is a frigging dinosaur, but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the first incident basically a private conversation between two people that was accidentally transmitted?

To me that's a bit like accidentally overhearing a private conversation. You might not approve of the topic, but it's none of your damn business, - or are the thought police cranking it up a gear?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

christine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant future

I agree AG is a dinosaur and has been a bit of a lad in the past, but I have some sympathy for guys in general on the subject of sexism. Woman can be absolutely outrageous when it comes to commenting about men, their faults, sexual performance, their dick size etc. It is usually done when single sex groups are together (usually under the influence of vodka redbull) and never meant to be overheard, god forbid by our partners Its somehow rarely perceived as sexism when coming from women. Sexism exsits and probably always will and personally it doesnt bother me as long as its stays as just banter. If the lineswoman had not been employed in the 1st instance solely because she was a woman that would have of got my dander up, but not this. Equally if asked to re adjust someones todger I would have asked for gloves and a magnifying glass!! I asked a male midwife not to examine me while I was in labour and nothing was said he just politely left and a woman was sent in, sometimes seeing people in a job that is not usual domain can provoke a reaction I just think the way he said it was perceived to be demeaning. ps. It is reported he is now consulting with his lawyers
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

christine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant futurechristine.king57 has a brilliant future

ps. It is reported he is now consulting with his lawyers

Thats Andy Gray NOT the midwife
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

The bloke should have been sacked ages ago.... not for his comments but because of the fact he is Scottish.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The bloke should have been sacked ages ago.... not for his comments but because of the fact he is Scottish.

and a loud mouthed useless twat.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:50 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Footballers, unlike Rugby players, are very nervous about women in their sport - they don't like women physio's for instance, but my (very pretty and petite) niece has been treating big burly Rugby players for years.

I think it's probably because many footballers are unsure of their sexual orientation.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:50 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
and a loud mouthed useless twat.
Not a clue, never listened to him, but when I saw on Wiki that he was born in Glasgow... nuff said.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:52 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jimenato
Footballers, unlike Rugby players, are very nervous about women in their sport - they don't like women physio's for instance, but my (very pretty and petite) niece has been treating big burly Rugby players for years.

I think it's probably because many footballers are unsure of their sexual orientation.
Finally! The voice of reason!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...sh/8421956.stm

Well at least this guy isn't unsure which camp he is in.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:36 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

He's Welsh - doesn't count.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Gray. If his questionable sense of humour isn't enough to lose him his job, suing the NOTW over the Coulson phone tapping could possibly have been interpreted by his employers as biting the hand that feeds. I don't think he was sacked for being sexist, more for being stupid.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:09 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’m against discrimination of any sort, but I’m also in favour of free speech, and sometimes there is a conflict. Andy Gray is an oaf and has been punished for being one, but it’s easy to take things too far and then we’re all living in an Orwellian nightmare with no way out of it.

I’d rather a few oafs were fired on rare occasions than more laws being passed to further reduce our freedom. You already have to think of what you say or write twice before opening your mouth or putting pen to paper, if you had to consult a law book each time there would be little fun left in life.

I think the price of freedom is worth ignoring daft commentators like Gray when they slip up on occasions, and he might have been right about Karen Brady anyway. And 40,000 people agree with me, every Saturday.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:10 pm
On the road again.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=rugby+is+gay

So at last the secret is out,... why big fat ugly blokes play rugby.

I particularly like Post No.4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.