Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Skillshare and hello

Skillshare and hello

Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Skillshare and hello

Hello to all here.I am about to take very early retirement.Until a year ago I lived and worked as an estate agent/ property developer in the Valencian region.Now I will have LOTS of time on my hands i am going to try to set up a skill share scheme.It can work very simply eg I work one day for you as a translator,project manager etc. You give me one days work as a plumber, builder, labourer or whatever your skill may be.A few of these schemes operate in France and Italy quite successfully.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:10 am
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skillshare and hello

Great idea!
If I was on the mainland, I'd get involved. But then, if it's a skillshare we can do online - then count me in!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Hello to all here.I am about to take very early retirement.Until a year ago I lived and worked as an estate agent/ property developer in the Valencian region.Now I will have LOTS of time on my hands i am going to try to set up a skill share scheme.It can work very simply eg I work one day for you as a translator,project manager etc. You give me one days work as a plumber, builder, labourer or whatever your skill may be.A few of these schemes operate in France and Italy quite successfully.
Is this your own private house to be worked in or are you buying properties to do up and sell ?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Just my own as I say have now retired from business (thank god)
BTW will give any advice foc to anybody dealing with estate agents. Poacher turned gamekeeper Will give you the tips to make sure the money stays in your pocket.Ps just looking to skillshare in Valencia Nth CB area
Old Jan 12th 2007, 3:56 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I think that is a good idea, everyone has skills to trade, even if it is only an older couple offering baby sitting service or helping out with gardening for younger people who work and do not have time and in return they receive the help of someone who is a welder and who can fix there gates for them.

Money can be a bit tight for both young and old when you are trying to start a new life in a new country or living on a fixed income. It also helps to built a community where people are not only willing but happy to look out for each other. I live in the Costa de la Luz area but I to your idea and I hope you get it off the ground.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep thats about it Keep it nice and simple and it works fine and gives a chance for us old hands to help out those coming to Spain and hopefully saving them making the mistakes that we did.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
This is very good idea xx
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:45 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Good idea
As my other half is a welder and I was a teacher, we would love to share our trades.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

To get the ball rolling I'm looking for a tiler and can offer free accommodation
and a few