Reload this Page >

Sixth Form Education Costa Del Sol

Sixth Form Education Costa Del Sol

Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Even Bigger Vern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sixth Form Education Costa Del Sol

Good Evening All.

I have a question about Sixth Form/Vocational Education on the Costa Del Sol. Do anyone one have ny recommendations about good sixth form centres? any to avoid? I have some details about the European Sixth Form Centre in Calahonda? any advice about this centre?

As an alternative to traditional sixth form, I am also looking at Vocational courses. Is there anywhere on the Costa that offers Vocational training courses.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sixth Form Education Costa Del Sol

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:30 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Even Bigger Vern
Good Evening All.

I have a question about Sixth Form/Vocational Education on the Costa Del Sol. Do anyone one have ny recommendations about good sixth form centres? any to avoid? I have some details about the European Sixth Form Centre in Calahonda? any advice about this centre?

As an alternative to traditional sixth form, I am also looking at Vocational courses. Is there anywhere on the Costa that offers Vocational training courses.

Thanks in advance.
The only sixth form education centres I can think of are at international schools and most of them go up to 18yrs. But I think most of them only do A-levels as opposed to baccalaureate. I havent heard of one in Calahonda??

Jo xxx
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:49 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard of the one in Calahonda (thought it had closed down) It didn't have a good reputation was mainly study on the computer.

English international college has a good 6th form and many students go on to Uni in either the UK or Spain. Aloha is good too.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

This school http://bic-benalmadena.webs.com/secondary.htm offers BTEC as well as A-level in 6th form, but I don't know what range of subjects they cover.

As has been suggested above, I think most of the other british/international schools only do A-level at 6th form. I may be wrong.

I'm not sure what the status would be of a BTEC qualification here in Spain- GCSEs and A-levels are recognised by the govt and can be convalidated but whether the same applies to BTEC or not I don't know.