Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sit tight it's going to be all right.

Sit tight it's going to be all right.

Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice
Default Re: Sit tight it's going to be all right.

Or have they got it the wrong way round is Germany going to be the next Spain? Some interesting property price graphs for other European countries. here.

http://www.thebubblebubble.com/european-housing-bubble/
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:30 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
"Next Germany" eh?

Hell that would be something, though they could always be German puppets if Mrs.Merkel continues to have her wicked way with them.

Just imagine it,...if you can,... Spanish guys marching around like little soldiers, "Zer are ordeufs weech must be obeyed at all times ! "

Bugger this for a game of soldiers, I'm packing my bags and off back to Blighty.
wot ??
and become one of Jacky's Daily Wail's statistics, but you could probably get your name in to the article
Old Feb 19th 2013, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Lower pay is better than none ! cheap labour and government concessions is the way to attract big foreign investors , its Spains only chance.
Ah, the race to the bottom! Let's bring back child labour and the six-day week while we're at it, shall we?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:25 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
Ah, the race to the bottom! Let's bring back child labour and the six-day week while we're at it, shall we?
Ah, The Slippery Slope fallacy - one of my favourites...
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:34 pm
Banned

decon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to alldecon.YA is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimenato
Ah, The Slippery Slope fallacy - one of my favourites...
What an interesting theory.

Good one.
I have noticed a few posters use that theory to answer posts with differing points of view to their own on this forum- to arrive at some really dramatic and far fetched conclusions.

Last edited by decon.YA; Feb 19th 2013 at 8:38 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:43 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
I know a few chimneys that needs sweeping - know any scrawny kids looking for a job, ??
Must remember to brush up on my Charles Dickens

and as to 6 day week, there are alot of people here in Spain doing at least 5.5 days if not the full 6, but there are an increasing number of those.

`
Old Apr 27th 2013, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

OrlandoSeaHorse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rotor
I was watching France 24 last night and they were say that 2500 Spanish homes were sold to Russians last year , time to register ruskiexpatski.com
Thanks for good idea - just checked, there is a Russian forum, with lots of useful information, though not too big numberwise (8 thousand members for Russian forum is almost nothing, compare with their Land-Rover forum with 35-36 thousand members). If you read Russian or your Google Chrom reads it: http://www.forum-spain.ru/index.php
Old Apr 27th 2013, 8:14 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
and as to 6 day week, there are alot of people here in Spain doing at least 5.5 days if not the full 6, but there are an increasing number of those.

`
My brother lives in germany was unenployed for nearly 10 years, he found work in a meat factory
where he was one of only 8 people that spoke german on factory floor.
Promotion to line manager, somebody has to do paperwork!!
The workers where first polish, now they come from romania all are agency workers.
He works 13 days, one day off. As he says if he dont somebody else will
and he does not want to sit round for 10 years again.
To me it looks like we going backwards
Old Apr 27th 2013, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
Not sure that that is a bad thing.

Full ( almost ) employment and people having the chance to a better future must be an improvement on a slide into the abyss.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
My brother lives in germany was unenployed for nearly 10 years, he found work in a meat factory
where he was one of only 8 people that spoke german on factory floor.
Promotion to line manager, somebody has to do paperwork!!
The workers where first polish, now they come from romania all are agency workers.
He works 13 days, one day off. As he says if he dont somebody else will
and he does not want to sit round for 10 years again.
the problems for the worker are bonuses for the company(s) concerned
Employment by an agency means the worker has less rights than a direct employee.
Redundancy attracts no payouts, no soft landing - just don't bother coming to work tomorrow and your cheque is in the post

many UK companies have suddenly become non-English speaking, instructions are passed to someone with the language skills and it is passed on in Polish, Romanian, Lithuanian etc.

the workers are bused in daily, picked up from regular pickup places and the first 20/30/40 on get to work, so no continuity

honestly, nothing to do with country of operation, not a happy situation.

`
Old Apr 28th 2013, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

"many UK companies have suddenly become non-English speaking, instructions are passed to someone with the language skills and it is passed on in Polish, Romanian, Lithuanian etc." I'd love to know the source of your information. It is a legal requirement for a number of UK industries that workers must have a minimal level of English.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 12:00 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rspltd
"many UK companies have suddenly become non-English speaking, instructions are passed to someone with the language skills and it is passed on in Polish, Romanian, Lithuanian etc." I'd love to know the source of your information. It is a legal requirement for a number of UK industries that workers must have a minimal level of English.
Well - possibly, but when I was in hospital in the UK a few years back I couldn't understand the two admissions nurses easily and they couldn't understand me very well either.

It was important as well - they needed to cut the right bit off...
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:01 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You would be surprised how much of the unskilled and semi skilled labour in the UK is now from non english speaking countries employed via agencies or a weekly or monthly basis. Wages are lower as there is no need for any factory or site agreements , numbers can be reduced or increased to reflect the order book. It now seems to be the " way of the world ".
A visitor to the company I worked for a few years ago commented to me that they no longer regarded it as a Englsih company .
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe that has been the grand plan of this crisis drag everyone down to third world level so that everyone is on an even keel. With the exception of course of the politicians.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

"Well - possibly, but when I was in hospital in the UK a few years back I couldn't understand the two admissions nurses easily and they couldn't understand me very well either" - so not real facts just your opinion. Had it occurred that they may have had difficulty with your accent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.