SIP & TIE

Old Jan 13th 2023, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

CostaBlancaTrader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SIP & TIE

Hi folk's

My SIP card is Generalitat Valenciana and I'm registered at my local doctors. I will be moving to malaga shortly and want to know if I will need to change the SIP ? It says sistema nacional on the card but I will register on the padron in Estepona and register at the local clinic. Will I need to change the card and change the app on my phone ?

Same again for the TIE.... what do I do about the address that is printed on the back of my TIE ?

Thanks

Old Jan 13th 2023, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SIP & TIE

Your present SIP card gets your meds from any Farmacia in the country but on the back of the card is your clinic and Doctors details so will need to be changed at your new clinic.

I understand that when you want to change/update your TIE you have to go through the procedure again when you got the original.

Steve
Old Jan 13th 2023, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

You can continue to use your SIP card for prescriptions etc. But you will want to register with a doctor in Andalucia, so you should register for healthcare in Andalucia. This way you will be contacted for Covid and seasonal vaccinations. I think the simplest is to go to a health centre (centro de salud, ambulatorio) and ask. You may need an appointment see a person in charge.
To change your address on TIE, you first need to go on the padron at your municipality and get a volante de empadronamiento. You may need rental contract, evidence of property ownership or utility bill. Download a form (RD 557/2011) for changing details and complete. You then make an appointment at the National Police station, and turn up with TIE, passport, form, volante and passport photos. You may have to pay the fee at a bank and return with a receipt or you may be able to pay with a card. Then you return to collect your new TIE, usually a few weeks after. If you have digital signature, you can carry out the procedure online without a personal visit (except to give your fingerprints and collect the new TIE) or go through a gestor.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the SIP specific to Valencia communidad?
Old Jan 13th 2023, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
Isn't the SIP specific to Valencia communidad?
Yes, the format is, but all health cards issued by autonomous regions are recognised throughout Spain, for urgent care, prescriptions etc.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I was told only the new red colour SIP (Valencia) card gives other autonomous regions the option to actually access your health records...

Unsure whether this is fact or fiction - the point being if you travel a lot in Spain might be worth swapping the old style for the new red type.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the information all. Very helpful
Old Jan 13th 2023, 2:33 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Yes, the format is, but all health cards issued by autonomous regions are recognised throughout Spain, for urgent care, prescriptions etc.
You'd have to go back to Valencia to see your doctor if the prescription ran out and it needed renewing though. They don't like doing that in other autonomous communities.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 2:42 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Are you sure that is correct? I thought it was only the new cards that were allowed across comm. borders.

The name "SIP" is very specific just to Valencia - other communities use different terms.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Are you sure that is correct? I thought it was only the new cards that were allowed across comm. borders.

The name "SIP" is very specific just to Valencia - other communities use different terms.
My card is the new red one but I can't really see there being much of a problem. I am moving to Estepona, if I go to my local centro de salud with SIP, TIE, new padron, autonomo papers would they have any reason not to issue me with a new junto de andalusia health card ?

Maybe it's a case of I get to keep both, if I am ever in alicante in the future and become poorly I would show the SIP maybe or maybe the number on any health card is in a national system and it just isn't a problem.

Last edited by CostaBlancaTrader; Jan 13th 2023 at 6:43 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2023, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I would doubt you can be registered into both systems simultaneously...doubtless, someone will know for sure
Old Jan 14th 2023, 8:25 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CostaBlancaTrader
My card is the new red one but I can't really see there being much of a problem. I am moving to Estepona, if I go to my local centro de salud with SIP, TIE, new padron, autonomo papers would they have any reason not to issue me with a new junto de andalusia health card ?

Maybe it's a case of I get to keep both, if I am ever in alicante in the future and become poorly I would show the SIP maybe or maybe the number on any health card is in a national system and it just isn't a problem.
Many still have the old blue ones - like others in my family. I'm not sure they are accepted across borders as the databases don't match.