Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SIP Card attempt

SIP Card attempt

Old Jan 10th 2007, 11:51 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default SIP Card attempt

I'm taking my E106 forms to the Dept Seguridad tomorrow in Gandia to apply for SIP cards .... does anyone know what the procedure will be when I get there. Are there loads of forms to complete or will the 106's suffice for them. How long do the cards take to issue?

Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: SIP Card attempt

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm taking my E106 forms to the Dept Seguridad tomorrow in Gandia to apply for SIP cards .... does anyone know what the procedure will be when I get there. Are there loads of forms to complete or will the 106's suffice for them. How long do the cards take to issue?

Thanks
Good luck...can't help but would like to know how you get on!

Take care

P.S Hope you are liking your new life out in Spain
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:24 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: SIP Card attempt

Up here in Galicia we got ours the same day, there and then. It was the first thing we applied for and thought if everything was going to be that easy then there would be nothing to be concerned about.
We have to also say that all of our paperwork was done from The Netherlands it was translated into Spanish by the authorities. Maybe that helped us.
A part from the proof that we had paid into the local health system in The Netherlands we did into need anything else. But we took everything, just in case!
At the provincial health office (ours was in Lugo) we got a card. With that card we went to the local ‘treatment centre’ and we were then issued a plastic card to be used for making appointments and obtaining medicines.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 1:46 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Hi
When I registered my E106, the procedure was not too bad even with my limited spanish. When I asked when I would receive my card I was told that you do not get a sip card with a 106 just a piece of paper, internet info seems to confirm that.
The part that confused me at the time was that after you register the E106 at the social security office you then wait for the approved papers to be sent to you and then take those to your local GP health centre.
I registered mine in Chiclana and of course in spain procedures seem to vary from area to area and I think maybe how they feel when they arrive at work that day

Good Luck
Yvonne
Old Jan 10th 2007, 9:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YMF
Hi
When I registered my E106, the procedure was not too bad even with my limited spanish. When I asked when I would receive my card I was told that you do not get a sip card with a 106 just a piece of paper, internet info seems to confirm that.
The part that confused me at the time was that after you register the E106 at the social security office you then wait for the approved papers to be sent to you and then take those to your local GP health centre.
I registered mine in Chiclana and of course in spain procedures seem to vary from area to area and I think maybe how they feel when they arrive at work that day

Good Luck
Yvonne

Mmmmm .... should be an interesting trip, I'll let everyone know what happens. Not looking forward to it really. Did you have to fill any forms, or just lodge the E106?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:17 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

benefit of a good aftersales service, they did all the registering with social security, just took away our E121, and a couple of weeks later, Christmas and the New Year got in the way, they took us to register with the local clinic where we got our temp SIP, within the next three months we got the plastic ones.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:52 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by mikelincs
benefit of a good aftersales service, they did all the registering with social security, just took away our E121, and a couple of weeks later, Christmas and the New Year got in the way, they took us to register with the local clinic where we got our temp SIP, within the next three months we got the plastic ones.

Good to hear a positive .... which agent was that?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Good to hear a positive .... which agent was that?
Parador, HOWEVER, they have changed their aftersales system, and people only get aftersales for 1 day now:scared: , we got them for 1 YEAR or at least until we were registered with our Health Centre, they also organised out NIE, Wills, Residencia, registering on the Padron, all they get now is Bank Account, getting keys, making sure house OK on the day they sign for the house or arrive over here. So not such a good system now, glad we bought when we did, but we have heard of companies with no aftersales at all.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:45 pm
Senior Moment

So for those of you that haven't attempted this yet:

I went to the local Dept de Seguridad in Gandia
At the front desk I had to produce my NIE, certificate of Empadriomento, E106 Iin our case) and complete a simple form in England which listed name, address, NIE number, UK Nat Ins number.

Then we waited for 45 mins to be called through to the office at which point the guy there took copies of everything and confimed that we were permanently living in Spain.

He then issued a recibo de presentacion de documentos whish carries a registration number.

Now I'm not 100% sure, but I think I take this to the local health centre to register there, but it may be just a receipt for the docs and the real certificate is coming in the post. I need to do some tranlation later!

Whole thing took about 75 minutes and was relatively painless.

Mrs Eddy, the Seguridad office is in Calle Plus Ultra 32 on the right as you walk down from the Large roundabout on Avda Republica Argentina.