Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Silly question time!!!

Silly question time!!!

Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice
Default Re: Silly question time!!!

Originally Posted by glynis
Bloody currencies direct. Just started with them and money was due out of my UK account on 1st December and now on the 11th we still do not have any money in our Banca March account. Not impressed. Down to our last brass farthing.
That worries me a little. I have used them four times in the last 6 months and the money has been in my Spanish bank account within 3 to 4 working days. Also, I notice that they have improved their procedures to keep you updated by E-mail of the progress of the transaction.

Did you get in touch with them when you suspected a delay and did they send you any confirmations? How did this turn out in the end. I'm interested because I will probably use them again, unless I start hearing bad things.

Thanks.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:07 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Flooziesoozie
There is no minimum to keep in London a/c, however to avoid bank charges you need a minimum of £500. There is also a fee when first opening account (I think this was about £35 when we opened but not sure how much now). We transfer money by this route and the time to xfer from UK to Spain is very fast, generally only a couple of days.
If you xfer it to a Banca March sterling account you can then choose the best time to convert to Sterling.
The staff at the London branch are Spanish but with excellent English.
Good luck
Banca March London has more info on its website, you can also check their daily exchange rate.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:16 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Unexpat
That worries me a little. I have used them four times in the last 6 months and the money has been in my Spanish bank account within 3 to 4 working days. Also, I notice that they have improved their procedures to keep you updated by E-mail of the progress of the transaction.

Did you get in touch with them when you suspected a delay and did they send you any confirmations? How did this turn out in the end. I'm interested because I will probably use them again, unless I start hearing bad things.

Thanks.
I use them every month.
They informed me 6 working days from debit of UK funds to credit of Spanish account.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
A friend got his on Friday!! When I spoke to Currencies Direct today they said may be tomorrow, may be Wednesday.
I got my money today, 11 days later. Explanation apart from the bank holidays. Banca March transfer the money manually rather than on the internet. So it takes them two days rather than instantaneously.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Gadget is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Xcel Currencies

HI, Has anyone used Xcel currencies, I am considering using them. Any experiences, goood or bad?

Cheers

Gadget