Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Signing on the Padron - Documents required

Signing on the Padron - Documents required

Old Jul 3rd 2015, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Signing on the Padron - Documents required

Can someone tell me please what documents I need to produce at the Town Hall to sign on the Padron?
Recidencia certificate? Passport? Utility bill?
Anything else?
Thanks.

Brian

Last edited by Countryboy1; Jul 3rd 2015 at 8:40 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 8:31 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Signing on the Padron - Documents required

I am sure that we only took the documents that you mentioned when we did it but of course things change all of the time so hopefully someone with more recent knowledge will reply.

Rosemary
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rosemary, I'm just wary of the question...."Yes, but where is your...."!
Thanks again.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 8:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

We used to take every piece of documentation that we had including loads of photocopies to every office that we had to visit when we first moved here so that is what I usually advise people to do.

Recently when I went to buy a car my friends and the dealer were amazed when I produced a file and asked which documents he required. The more prepared you are the less hassle everything becomes.

Rosemary
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Great advice. Thanks.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 10:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
Great advice. Thanks.
legally, all you need is national photo ID, so as a Brit, your passport - & proof of address which should be either escritura or rental contract - & photocopies

nothing else
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnxa
legally, all you need is national photo ID, so as a Brit, your passport - & proof of address which should be either escritura or rental contract - & photocopies

nothing else
Thanks for that, appreciated.
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Swifty37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynnax I am trying to send you a PM but it's not allowing me to. I just have a random question I hope you may be able to help me with?
Is there any chance you can PM me please?
Many thanks
Claire
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 8:53 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swifty37
Hi Lynnax I am trying to send you a PM but it's not allowing me to. I just have a random question I hope you may be able to help me with?
Many thanks
Claire

Sorry, but you can't send or receive PMs until you have made 3 posts.
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Swifty37
Many thanks
Claire
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 9:19 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Passport, proof of where you live (escritura rental contract or utility bill) should be enough. If you have the registration certificate, take that and of course, photocopies of everything.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 5:39 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Passport, proof of where you live (escritura rental contract or utility bill) should be enough. If you have the registration certificate, take that and of course, photocopies of everything.
I've just been informed by my local extranjaria, that since 2009 you have to have your padron in order to register on the foreigners list.

That is, padron comes first then the registration.

I will attempt to get the exact law that states this as I did see it on a government poster in their offices.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget your NIE. I am sure we needed it when we signed on earlier this year, but I may be mistaken, in any case best to have it with you.
Pete