Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Should I be worried..

Should I be worried..

Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

chris mcgow will become famous soon enoughchris mcgow will become famous soon enough
Default Should I be worried..

Got back from an inspection trip in Spain at the weekend with Atlas,I have paid a 3,000 euro deposit to secure a 2 bedroom bungalow, key ready and Atlas have started the ball rolling with regards to a mortgage. Initially this will be a holiday home and to let for holiday rentals we have agreed that I will return May/June to finalise and that Atlas will assist me with this and opening a Spanish bank account. Then today I came into this section for the 1st time and read about NIE numbers which I had never heard of before so my question is should I be worried about this as it is my understanding from reading through some old threads that NIE needs to be in place before you can open a bank account or apply for a mortgage any help would be much appreciated
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:07 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I be worried..

You should be worried about using Atlas, do a google.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Around here they would give you 3,000€`s to buy a place at the moment.
You may struggle to get a mortgage at the mo though.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your new purchase
Yes you could do with getting an NIE but I guess that Atlas will arrange that for you as well. Its a simple thing to do.

I hope you have used an independent solicitor though, not one given you by Atlas. Thats most important. Dont think that because they are a large company that you dont need an independent solicitor. Solicitor can do your NIE for you too

I have a friend who has just been screwed over by an equally big company that sounds like a nuclear missile ...... its basic advice.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

chris mcgow will become famous soon enoughchris mcgow will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies. How do we go about getting an independent solicitor when we are in England?
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris mcgow
Thanks for the replies. How do we go about getting an independent solicitor when we are in England?
You should have got one when you were here!
Tell us exactly where you are and maybe you will get recommendations
Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on whereabouts you are buying - you can obtain an NIE on the same day. You will certainly not be able to purchase without one. Please listen to advice and get an independent Solicitor before you hand over the remainder of the 10% deposit.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You should have got one when you were here!
Tell us exactly where you are and maybe you will get recommendations
Thankyou Mitzyboy, at the moment we are in Newcastle and are buying in Cabo Roig
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SueG
Depending on whereabouts you are buying - you can obtain an NIE on the same day. You will certainly not be able to purchase without one. Please listen to advice and get an independent Solicitor before you hand over the remainder of the 10% deposit.
We are buying in Cabo Roig
Old Mar 10th 2009, 8:29 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

An Solicitor company here on the Costa Blanca, a big one i will say is in court with them over not payying there bills and wont relesse Paperwork Important Documents , thus customers told the loacl told Town hall holdding up paper work , sorry to fill you in

O god getting an independent solicitor
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:03 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Today's FT.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f2449a82-0...nclick_check=1
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:59 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

yesterday elpais , Banks , Thousands of weak people must pay to the difference between the old valuation and the present one
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/econo...lpepieco_6/Tes

jurdy
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:22 am
Senior Moment

Sorry, Im lost here ....... the OP is asking about an NIE number ..... lets not turn it into another doom and gloom thread
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Not sure that either of those news items apply and besides I dont speak much Spanish.
I have heard of off plan buyers having problems with the value going up when the building is complete but this is a key ready property and its in Cabo Roig
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

dawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nice

We had about 4 different solicitors while we were in Spain, all terrible. Be on your guard with Atlas too, we bought through them the first time and they were great....till most of the money was in their hands. Our moving in date ended up being 8 months overdue, and we had to rent .
Anyway we use a solicitor in Torrevieja which is handy for you, if you're buying in Cabo Roig

We always deal with

EURO TEAM
CALLE VINCENTE BLASCO IBANEZ
59-B IZQDA
TORREVIEJA.

TEL: 0034 966702224 / 965705264

Teresa Maria Bamin is the girl we always deal with, she speaks spanish and English. She's been a godsend especially when we moved back here and had problems with the water being cut off at our property over there.
She can help you with anything you need to know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.