Wikiposts

shops in gib

Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shops in gib

Originally Posted by maryann
thank you you lot......i will defiantly head down there this sunday with my mummy.
I am not keen on the place , it reminds me of Chatham! ( hopefully no offence)
My Daughters only treat is tinned rice pudding and chocolate buttons....neither if which I have been able to get here, so I shall head down and stock up.

love to all

mary xxxx
Last time i went the place smelt really nasty.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chevy
i am sure this has been answered but how far is it from gibralter to costa esuri....?
gib to jerez is about 1hour and half, if thats any help
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: shops in gib

Hi chevy,

CE to Conil just south of Jerez takes us about 3hrs with no stops so my guess would be about 4 hrs with one comfort break south of Sevilla.

Thats the drag you have to go almost into the centre of Sevilla to get down south and the rush hrs on the motorway around Sevilla seems to last all daylight hrs.

The new link motorway between Jerez and Algiceras will shorten that end of the journey but I think if you allow 4hrs you won't be far out.

From another site I found that the tour operator who uses the Barcelo at Isala Canela runs trips in the season to Gib from Canela you could perhaps get on that or the Spanish bus system is very good and I would not be surprised to find a bus out of Ayamonte bus station did not end up in La Linea and I know you can walk from there into Gib in about 10 mins. No trouble with parking or customs.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by chevy
i am sure this has been answered but how far is it from gibralter to costa esuri....?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

marks and spencer - shut. Morrisons - open.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:28 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi chevy,

CE to Conil just south of Jerez takes us about 3hrs with no stops so my guess would be about 4 hrs with one comfort break south of Sevilla.

Thats the drag you have to go almost into the centre of Sevilla to get down south and the rush hrs on the motorway around Sevilla seems to last all daylight hrs.

The new link motorway between Jerez and Algiceras will shorten that end of the journey but I think if you allow 4hrs you won't be far out.

From another site I found that the tour operator who uses the Barcelo at Isala Canela runs trips in the season to Gib from Canela you could perhaps get on that or the Spanish bus system is very good and I would not be surprised to find a bus out of Ayamonte bus station did not end up in La Linea and I know you can walk from there into Gib in about 10 mins. No trouble with parking or customs.

Regards,

John.
Did the journey about a month ago and it's a good clear run. You can do it in around 2 hours 40 mins without going too fast (average 130km - officially over the limit but just under where the police take an interest) but three hours is plenty. With a clear run you should take 50 mins-1 hour to get to the SE30 ring road, 5 mins to get around to the Cadiz road A4. A brisk 40 minute run down to the turn off just outside Jerez for the A381 for an almost traffic free run down to A7 just outside Algeciras (approx 45min) then around 5 mins to the turning for La Linea and another 5-10 mins to get to Gib. Now you make the choice of whether or not to take the car in. If you take it in, stay right and be prepared to wait a long time. If you don't plan on doing much shopping, the park outside and stay left and follow the traffic down to somewhere near the entrance and park on the side roads.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryann
Thanks Glynis, I will not spend my christmas vouchers on Sunday then on £50.00 worth of M & S chocolate cerial! ( Why did my father in law give me M & S vouchers for christmas when I live in Spain! ) Da Nada!
perhaps he wanted to make sure you would be going back to the UK for a visit
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
perhaps he wanted to make sure you would be going back to the UK for a visit
I think they think we are coming back to live at some point, it doesn't seem to have sunk in with them that this is it!