Reload this Page >

Shipping items to UK from Spain?

Shipping items to UK from Spain?

Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

Fleurette is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Shipping items to UK from Spain?

Hi all,
I will soon have to ship a lot of books/clothes etc home and I would like to know if any of you have been through this. What are the costs like, times and/or any other practicalities/issues??
Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 8:57 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping items to UK from Spain?

Originally Posted by Fleurette
Hi all,
I will soon have to ship a lot of books/clothes etc home and I would like to know if any of you have been through this. What are the costs like, times and/or any other practicalities/issues??
Thanks for your help!
From where in spain to where in UK?

If you are flexible on shipment dates you may find a local removal company who will give you a good deal on a part load. I got a good deal on a part load with European Removals in Guardamar del segura .
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Hello,
from Mlaga to the West Mids.I only have a backpack to travel with and i want to post most of my things home as i will go travelling and go home later. Is it all quite straight forward here?? or are there limits on what/how much you can post?
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:53 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It is very straight forward to post and just as easy as in UK. Look for the "Correos". You will find all the info you may require here> http://www.correos.es/dinamic/planti...lares.asp.html

However, I think you may find the cost prohibitive. Unless you have rare books and expensive clothes, it could cost you more to post than the value. You may be better looking for a storage unit and collect your items when you return from your backpack tours.

If you are happy to trust a stranger, check the local rag / ask around. You may find a man with a van travelling who would be prepared to take your stuff.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Hmmmm so might be costly... thanks for your input though, greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 10:48 am
Started off with nothing

No worries, enjoy your backpacking. Some frinds of ours used the train. Apparently student rover card is an inexpensive way to travel in EU.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:58 am
Account Closed

oooooh sounds good, I will look into that! Thanks!!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Shipping items to UK from Spain?

Originally Posted by Fleurette
Hi all,
Thanks for your help!
An almost empty large Transit type van leaves Ayamonte for Miton Keynes next Sundy at noon it will then travel on to Welshpool within the week via Coventry and Birmingham but Malaga is a long way from here.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Hi,

Ive just used this company to have stuff sent over from the UK, 2 boxes with about 25kg+ in each one, and cost me 46€ ... was door to door as well, and I was impressed by the fact that they even found my house!

http://www.ecoparcel.eu/?Pages.Home

Only problem now is every time I go to the UK, I buy stuff knowing that I can get it sent over cheap... but hey... least im saving money on baggage that the rip-off airline charge.. hang luggage for me only now...
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

Perfect!! Thanks!!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Orias is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if it's a huge move you are doing, so this info might be slightly redundant, but I was recently looking for a company to move my items back to the UK. I specified 2 large sofas, 2 beds that can be dismantled and flat-packed and a bunch of IKEA style tables and chairs, all of which can be dismantled + TV's and kitchen appliances.

They gave me a door-to-door quote, based on 9 cubic metres, of £835 + VAT. I considered this to be very reasonable considering I was looking to move the entire contents of a 2 bed, 2 bath flat back to the UK. I had other quotes from other companies for over £5000!

They also phoned and e-mailed to discuss and seemed very friendly. However, I must state that I HAVE NOT used them as it now seems I need to stay in Madrid, so I cannot vouch 100% for the service they offer.

Their website is http://www.movecorp.co.uk/ and I just mailed them for a quote which was very fast.

Cheers, Orias