Seville area

Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Seville area

My Husband is considering taking a job in Rota for the US Gov so we will be moving there. Does anyone live in that area ??? if so can you give us some info on houses to rent or buy and prices

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Seville area

Originally Posted by lolly
My Husband is considering taking a job in Rota for the US Gov so we will be moving there. Does anyone live in that area ??? if so can you give us some info on houses to rent or buy and prices
Thanks
Hi Lolly ! I know that part of the world having bought an apartment in El Puerto de Santa Maria some 3 years ago . Puerto is a town having it's own rail station and good connections by bus to Rota - just along the coast - and north to Jerez and Sevilla. South across the bay of Cadiz is the city of Cadiz itself. Rota is a pleasant town which is very busy in the summer traditional holiday months of June to Sept. Outside these months it's fairly quiet. great beaches and a few good places to eat out. In El Puerto you have more 'infrastructure' and much more in the way of shops and restaurants etc. In fact even outside the normal busy summer months, it is a busy town. The history of Puerto is also interesting. So I would recommend you look at Puerto as a home during your visit. Rentals are competitive in the 'off season' months. Depends what you are seeking but Euros 600 per month would get you a lot of apartment and possibly a small house. 1000 would get a very comfortable place indeed. There are quite modern apartments and some quaint older style places. Depends what you are looking for. Rental costs go high in the summer when the folks from Seville and Madrid flock down to cool off from the inland temps and dangle toes in the Atlantic. Let me know if you need any more info?
www.spaincostaluz.com

Nige

PS Your heading says Seville area. Well Rota is actually in Cadiz province (not Seville) and so it's really Cadiz area. Nearest town to Rota is Puerto then next nearest is Jerez.