Seville

Old May 18th 2016, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seville

Originally Posted by Fred James
The Alcazar impressed me more than anything else in Sevilla. It's not a church, it's the oldest royal palace in Europe. Much of it very similar to the architecture and decoration that you would see in the Alhambra in Granada, but, unlike the Alhambra, most of it is in superb condition.

The gardens are very impressive as well.
Yes I actually prefer the Alcazar to the Alhambra. If you get one of the headset thingies and pick up a layout plan and description on your way in the architecture and science are astounding.
Old May 20th 2016, 5:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's a must-do then. Fly to Switzerland next week, then onto France before arriving in Sevilla on 6th June .

Getting excited now after what seems like months of planning. Thank you to all those that have provided me with valuable information.
Old May 23rd 2016, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

You can get a horse and carriage from the cathedral to the Plaza de EspaƱa and back, taking in some other sites for around 40 Euros - less if you haggle a bit. Great for a quick tour but you tend to miss out on the details of course...
Old May 24th 2016, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

it can be exhausting walking around Seville in the heat of summer, so another nice thing to do is to take a boat trip down the river.
It's a stunning city, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do on my visits there.
Old May 25th 2016, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

If you like quiet beaches, there are plenty in and around Chiclana - your friend will know which ones will suit you - we have 14 km of white sand beaches.. backed with cliffs, dunes, flora and fauna etc... a beach to suit every type of beach bum, whether you want quiet and unspoiled or something with a bit more going on. But Benidorm it isn't, you'll be pleased to hear.

You'll love Seville too, hot yes at this time of year but plenty to do - the centre city has been mentioned but there's also a lovely river walk with lots to see (or you can get on a boat); Triana on the other West bank of the river, cross on the Puente Triana, is beautiful. Plaza de Espania, is also lovely and the Alcazar is recommended. But I'm sure your friend will help you get the best of it. Cast aside anything you've heard about Spain, the Costa Luz is totally different...
Old May 25th 2016, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quickie reply as we fly from Auckland to Zurich today. Thanks for these suggestions, I shall look into them. Think we may have to do a return trip to Spain another time.

Cindyp, my friend has put quite a few pictures of some local beaches on FB and they look lovely. Can't wait to explore.
Old May 30th 2016, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Seville is a lovely city full of happy people. Thanks for the tip about a boat ride