SEVILLA

Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:16 am
Just Joined

oldbritgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile SEVILLA

I'm trying to plan a trip from Mallorca to Seville in november for the Spanish horse show at the Palacio de Exposiciones, does anyone know this area? Anyone know hotels there, have looked at hotel booking sites but so many hotels there but don't know whether to look for one in the center close to bus routes or out of town closer to where the show is. Have not been there before so also want to sightsee, any help welcomed.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SEVILLA

The Exhibition centre is just east of the centre, about 5kms from the airport I was there 2 weeks ago for a show. It costs 13 euros in a taxi to the cathedral.

I would suggest you stay in the centre and travel out to the Exhibition centre. There is so much to see and experience in the centre. Dont miss the Cathedral and a walk around the Jewish Quarter(Santa Cruz)

I cant suggest a hotel because I have always stayed on the wrong part of the city for you.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: SEVILLA

Originally Posted by guesswork
The Exhibition centre is just east of the centre, about 5kms from the airport I was there 2 weeks ago for a show. It costs 13 euros in a taxi to the cathedral.

I would suggest you stay in the centre and travel out to the Exhibition centre. There is so much to see and experience in the centre. Dont miss the Cathedral and a walk around the Jewish Quarter(Santa Cruz)

I cant suggest a hotel because I have always stayed on the wrong part of the city for you.
We have stayed a number of times in the Regina which is in the old part of the city down near the river. Easy walk to the town hall about 15 mins then the cathedral about two more. It's a three star usually €40-45 per night just has a breakfast room no restaraunt then you would eat out in the old town every night. Out where you want to be is the brand new Hilton Gardens hotel 4* but quite isolated so you would need to taxi back into town and to your equestrian venue. About €45 agin.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SEVILLA

For the very big exhibitions/shows there are dedicated car parks near the city and courtesy buses to the venue - not sure if the November show qualifies.

For a hotel in the city - we have used the Becquer. Nice hotel where you can relax with a cocktail beside the pool on the roof and enjoy the views across Sevilla. Not very handy for the show but near the bull ring and about 10 mins walk from the cathedral and the Jewish quarter

Last edited by MikeJ; Mar 1st 2015 at 1:47 pm.